Vampira: The Movie

Discussion in 'Classic' started by X-human, Aug 7, 2007.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

New documentary about Vampira:
    http://www.oldies.com/product-view/1033D.html

I've been looking for Vampira: About Sex, Death and Taxes for awhile now, but this looks like it's much better all around.

2. this is gonna be badass. i used to work with Kevin Michaels, the director. coolest guy ever.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Looks like it could be good.

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well the release date has been pushed back to September 25th. I decided to poke around a bit about it and found Maila Nurmi's official Vampira page. Oddly this documentary is nowhere to be found on the newly update page. While looking for some information I stumbled on this blog:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=189701839&blogID=282438932

I found it odd that the DVD extras did not have any involvement with Maila Nurmi, and had assumed it was produced with her blessing. Looks like that's far from the case. I wonder if the month delay has to do with legal action?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

According to Creepy Classics this is a best seller:
    I watched this at the beginning of October and it's pretty good, the editing is kinda choppy with it sticking pretty closely to Maila Nurmi (who clearly sat down and did a single interview with them) but then jumping to someone else like Forrest Ackerman for a few seconds and then cutting back. Ultimately the question is "Is Malia Nurmi interesting enough to carry on a feature length documentary" and the answer is unquestionably yes. So much so that I wish I better documentary would be made, one that does more research to ask the juicy questions and less leg work interviewing random people. As great as a guy as Kevin Eastman is, why on earth would he be interviewed?

I found it to be a very unprofessional video about a very fascinating woman.