Vampire Lovers

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Mr.Vengance, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Mr.Vengance

Mr.Vengance Guest

Has anyone got the R2 PAL version of Vampire Lovers? I absolutely loved this movie and I'm hoping it comes in the mail today. I ordered it from Bensonsworld.com real cheap.

2. Mr.Vengance

Mr.Vengance Guest

Well, I got it today. I was somewhat unhappy to find that it was in 4:3 as opposed to 16:9. Does anyone know what the original theatrical aspect ratio for this movie is?

At least the transfer looks better, picture wise, than the video tape I'd seen it on originally.

3. dackel

dackel Guest

I believe the UK DVD is open matte - so you're seeing a bit more on the top and bottom than was visible in the theaters. I'm still waitin for the R1 release. However I've decided to take the plunge and order the Hammer Triple Bill DVDs that are being released in a couple of weeks from Carlton. Who knows when MGM will get around to those. (As soon as I buy them I guess)

4. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Um, I am all for OAR... but there are some exceptions. As in, the Hammer Karnstein trilogy... open matte means more boobage. :D

5. Mr.Vengance

Mr.Vengance Guest

Hey dackel, has there been any date set for the R1 release of Vampire Lovers?

6. dackel

dackel Guest

Nope...not a word so far as far as I can tell. I'm still holding out for that one though (still have the uncut VHS Midnight Video). In case you haven't heard it's going to be even longer than the UK version with more restored footage as well as an Ingrid Pitt commentary track. I'm hoping it will be part of the next Midnight DVD series....but who the hell knows.

7. Mr.Vengance

Mr.Vengance Guest

Damn, a commentary with Pitt would be sweet. Thanks for the info.

8. dackel

dackel Guest

No problem...here's hoping it'll come out soon. I'd love to know what more.....(aparently full frontal) nudity and violence MGM has unearthed. The Pitt commentary was done a while back (and she was apparently feeling poorly) but this is one I'm going to wait for like I said. I WANT IT NOW THOUGH!!!

9. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Um, I've just read at eurohorrordvds.com that MGM will indeed release THE VAMPIRE LOVERS -UNRATED- on DVD.

10. Mr.Vengance

Mr.Vengance Guest

Thanks for the conformation. Can't wait.