Vera Farmiga: The Conjuring Versus Orphan

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by deepred, Aug 6, 2013.

?

Orphan Vs The Conjuring

1. Orphan

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. The Conjuring

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  1. deepred

deepred Member

She's great in Bates Motel, and I loved her in The Conjuring and Orphan. Hopefully she will continue to do more projects in the genre.

Which Vera Farmiga horror movie did you enjoy more - Orphan or The Conjuring?

2. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Voted for The Conjuring. I did enjoy Orphan, but for me, The Conjuring was so much better. I saw The Conjuring on July 19th when it was released at the theaters, and I was blown away. Very little gore, but plenty of scares, and I recommended that people go see it. It's the best horror movie I have seen, since the Evil Dead remake, and I truly enjoyed both of them. Orphan was a pretty good movie, but The Conjuring had me glued to the seat the entire movie, and I normally don't jump at movies, and I happen to jump once, and for me, that is a true indication that the movie has done it job.

3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I've seen The Conjuring twice and voted for that. It may not be quite fair as I haven't seen all of the Orphan. I put the DVD on once but after 20 minutes my wife said she was bored and we turned it off. I haven't gotten back to it yet.

4. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I'd completely forgotten Vera Farmiga was in The Orphan, must check it out again soon.
    I liked The Orphan a great deal, but really loved The Conjuring so that gets my vote.

5. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

For now I'm going to say the The Orphan. Just because I liked it more first time around than I did the Conjuring.

6. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I quite liked both.I might give THE CONJURING the edge as the better film but I thought Farmiga had a better part in ORPHAN.

7. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Honestly her acting in The Conjuring was some of the best acting in a horror movie I've seen in a long time.

8. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Her part in Orphan was much more complex and challenging (she had to deal with alcoholism, death of a child, handicapped child, adopting a child, mean mother in law etc) so that's where my vote went. She was very good in The Conjuring as well.

9. Vortex

Vortex Member

The Conjuring. I found Orphan to be one of the weaker horror films I've seen in the last few years.