Versus 1.5 & Versus 2

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by BloodMan, Jan 4, 2004.

1. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I was reading Dark Side magazine (UK Based) and there it said that this year sometime, Versus 1.5 is coming out. It will have a new beginning and a new ending, a new showdown and more gunfights. Some of the talkier stuff will be cut. This is not the director's preferred version,(the recent release) its just an "alternate version". wtf? I hope Kitamura's not gone all hollywood.
    Also, Versus 2 is to start filming sometime this year as well.
    This could all be rumour but Dark Side usually is on target with there info. (I find anyway)

Nick

2. TobalRox

TobalRox Active Member

I heard about a new alternate version of Versus long ago... said he would make a different version since he had more money to play with... and that it was just for fun.

3. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Yup, I remember hearing about that a while back too, TobalRox. Versus works on it's own, I don't need a sequel and I don't want to see Versus: The Version You've Never Seen Before either. I'd bet it's a rumor since the whole "jail-break" and character developemnt was covered in the "Nervous" short.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2004
  4. TobalRox

TobalRox Active Member

I still have to watch "Nervous" but I left my DVD at my apartment at school.

5. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

which DVD is the one to go for? Frmo what I can tell from DVDEmpire, the Director's Cut has no extras at all, and I have to buy the SE to get any, assuming that the Director's cut is on the SE release (the site doesn't state which version it is).

It's a bit pricey...

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

If you're talking about VERSUS and the Tokyo Shock releases, the SE is the only one with extras and does include the director's cut. It is expensive, especially for the extras included, but the commentary is hilarious and some of the stuff on disc 2 (in a paper holder, might I add) are worth checking out. For the price difference though...you could probably pass.

7. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

Thanks. I might go for the single disk release. I don't like being taken for a ride with all these multiple versions that companies are chucking out lately.