Vestron Video Collector's Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Sep 13, 2016.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Errr. I never even received their email response instructions after I emailed them.

Just sent a 2nd email to them. You need that ticket #, correct?

From Zbinks post.
    "Send an email inquiry about the issue to lionsgateshop@orderassistance.com."

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

They just sent me the email and I filled out the necessary info & sent it back. The current email went to my spam folder, so that's where the the first response from them probably went. My fault. :oops:

3. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

anyone getting the unholy??

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Nah still have the multi pack DVD will keep that but I will be getting their release after unholy the warlock collection

5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Yes, but not for the current asking prices on different web stores ($26.00 to $30.00). I have all the titles in this Vestron series, but refused to pay more than $20.00 for any with the exception of Wishmaster (which is a 4 film set) which I paid $22.88 during a very short term Amazon price drop. Someone here will share with others if/when The Unholy drops to a more reasonable price point.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Holy Toledo! Vestron is sure making me jump through hoops to get this replacement disk.

I sent them ALL 3 pictures of what they asked for.

- Photo of Sales Receipt (plus I obviously wrote out time/date of purchase & store in email, along w/ photo of the receipt) Photo was CLEAR. INFO was CLEAR
    - Photo of UPC The photo was the upper section of back, you can see about a quarter of the movie description too, Focal point being the UPC. Photo was CLEAR. Numbers were CLEAR.
    - Photo of OPENED blu-ray showing discs inside. Photo was CLEAR.

Nope, Wasn't good enough!

NOW they want a "further back" photo of the UPC to show the ENTIRE BACK COVER.

Seriously ...... Seriously?

Here's how Umbrella's, The Blob replacement program went. Took ONLY photo of Receipt. Sent it, DONE. Couple weeks later I got my replacement disc from Australia.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I got a similar email from them this morning too - wanting to see the entire back cover, not just a cropped shot of the UPC. I sent them two emails yesterday. One had the UPC photo, the other had the open collection showing all three discs. This morning they tell me the first email did not have any photo (the one I sent with the cropped UPC photo).

This replacement program has been quite a pain in the ass compared to the simplicity of the Scream Factory replacements I encountered in the past year.

baggio likes this.
  8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok, So it wasn't just me. I can see if they want to make sure you didn't just go to the store and take a photo. But the inside shot should be proof enough to squash any of that. Funny thing is the reason why I didn't take the entire back to begin with was so they can clearly read the bar code and to prove I own it at home. So, I took a photo with a little bit(about 3 inches) of my desk & keyboard in the upper background. Rest of the photo was the UPC and partial back description. Guess I was over thinking it. :confused:

Would like to see if any other people had this problem too.

satans-sadists likes this.
  9. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

It could be worse, I hear NSM Records is doing a replacement program for some of their BDs and one of the requirements is that you cut or break the original disc in half and send them a picture.

10. jstell

jstell Member

I originally sent them my Amazon receipt and a stock picture of the back cover with the UPC number. They in turn asked for my phone number; a photo of the opened package with the ticket number written on a piece of paper and the paper then put inside the open package; and a close up of the UPC. I had to use a black Sharpie so that the ticket number showed up in the photo. I didn't get a follow up email asking for the whole back. I got my replacement about a week later.

11. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

12. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Yeah been waiting for the announcements, they were certified by the BBFC a couple of months ago, so taken longer than expected, interesting the Waxwork is single disc.

13. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Odd that WW is a single disc. Rights issue with WW2?

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's one hell of a complicated replacement programming they've got going on. I had to do the replacement thing for a few Scream titles and it was super simple and straight forward with no issues (and I'm from Australia too!). This one sounds like a joke.

15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They must have changed the process. I simply cropped the back cover's UPC off the DVDProfiler back scan in the database and attached it to the email, and they didn't even ask for anything else.

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

See, now they asked for something completely different. Plus as you stated a CLOSE UP of the UPC.

Wow simply wow.

This is exactly what it said it the first email request:

- First & Last Name
    - Complete Shipping Address
    - Phone Number
    - Image of the UPC on the reverse of the packaging (Please remove the case from the outer sleeve to provide this image)
    - Image of the open packaging (discs visible)
    - Location & Date of Purchase
    - Sales Receipt

Notice zero instructions on "image of the full back". The instructions clearly imply they want to see the UPC. What I forgot to add in this whole ordeal is they originally sent me an email plainly looking for the just the UPC image. Figuring they didn't get it the first time.(I sent two email to them, as it said in the instructions to send pics individually. I sent one email with two, and a second with the UPC image ) So I sent the UPC image AGAIN. Then that's when they sent this.

"Thank you for your reply and the requested information. We would please ask that you provide an image of the UPC on the reverse of the packaging; however, please include the entire back case of the movie (farther away). Once received a request for replacement will be submitted."

Waiting to see if my "further away" shot is acceptable to the great almighty Lionsgate replacement team. No joke, if it's not, they will be getting a phone call from me. Bottom line is that I'm a pretty tolerant person, especially in terms of customer service. But I'm not gonna be jerked around for no reason when I'm spending good money (overpriced some may say) on a product. A product that they are responsible for distributing defective. Don't think I'm too out of line in this particular case imho.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Zombie Dude and satans-sadists like this.
  18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Later in the day, I got another email reply from Lion's Gate after sending them a cell phone photo of the UPC & entire backside. Hopefully my work is done in this matter.

baggio likes this.
  19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

"Additional information" Like what, a birth certificate or recent blood work? :p

satans-sadists and Zombie Dude like this.
  20. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning this, Baggio. I have this disc and had no idea that a replacement had been issued. My request is in.

baggio likes this.