Vestron Video Collector's Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

It IS a non US release I hear. Could be Glass Doll Films in Australia....

baggio likes this.
  2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

It sounded like Slaughter High was still a ways off. Aren't they still looking for an uncut print?

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

From what I remember, the Arrow DVD looks pretty damn good. I imagine they could use that source.

elDomenechHDG likes this.
  4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

5. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Beat me to it!

But I do have what the article wrote:

"Surviving high school is murder with the Vestron Video Collector’s Series’ upcoming release of Slaughter High, arriving for the first time on limited-edition Blu-ray uncut on October 31st from Lionsgate! In the film a high school prank gone wrong comes back to haunt the offenders during their five-year high school reunion.

From the makers of Friday the 13th, the restored and remastered Slaughter High includes all-new special features, including the “Going to Pieces” and “My Days at Doddsville” featurettes, an audio commentary with co-writers/directors George Dugdale and Peter Litten, and more!

There’s horror in the halls… lynching in the lunchroom… murder in the metal shop. Welcome to Slaughter High — where the students are dying to get out! In high school, Marty was the kid all the students teased, taunted, and tortured mercilessly. One day, things went too far — one of their jokes backfired, disfiguring Marty for life. Now, five years later, Marty has arranged a special reunion for all his high school “friends.” The prom queen, the jock, the class clown, the rebel, and a few select others have been invited . . . and it’s going to be a gala of gore!”"

And the trailer!:

Angelman, fceurich39, zbinks and 2 others like this.
  6. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to slaughter high the transfer should be leaps and bounds better than the DVD.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

I hope they can dig up some info on the band who did the theme song, I love it!

9. Nailwraps

Slaughter High press release (revealing extras!):
    http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13996024&postcount=4436

"Street Date: 10/31/17

Blu-ray™ SRP: $39.97

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION

Surviving high school is murder with the Vestron Video Collector’s Series’ upcoming release of Slaughter High, arriving for the first time on limited-edition Blu-ray™ uncut on October 31 from Lionsgate. A high school prank gone wrong comes back to haunt the offenders during their five-year high school reunion. From the makers of Friday the 13th, Slaughter High includes all-new special features, including the “Going to Pieces” and “My Days at Doddsville” featurettes, an audio commentary with co-writers/directors George Dugdale and Peter Litten, and more! Restored and remastered, the limited-edition Vestron Video Collector’s Series Slaughter High Blu-ray will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.97.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS

There’s horror in the halls . . . lynching in the lunchroom . . . murder in the metal shop. Welcome to Slaughter High — where the students are dying to get out! In high school, Marty was the kid all the students teased, taunted, and tortured mercilessly. One day, things went too far — one of their jokes backfired, disfiguring Marty for life. Now, five years later, Marty has arranged a special reunion for all his high school “friends.” The prom queen, the jock, the class clown, the rebel, and a few select others have been invited . . . and it’s going to be a gala of gore!

CAST

Caroline Munro The Spy Who Loved Me, Maniac

Simon Scuddamore Feature Film Debut

Carmine Iannaccone Maid to Order, TV’s “Moonlighting”

Donna Yeager Strong Medicine

Gary Martin Minions, Living Doll

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES

· Audio Commentary with Co-Writers/Directors George Dugdale and Peter Litten

· Audio Interview with Composer Harry Manfredini featuring Isolated Music and SFX Selections

· “Going to Pieces” Featurette with Co-Writer/Director Mark Ezra

· “My Days at Doddsville” Featurette with Actress Caroline Munro

· Alternate Title Sequence

· Theatrical Trailer

· Radio Spots

· Still Gallery"

fceurich39 likes this.
  10. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

The transfer should be better than the DVD by default, the question is, how much better. Notice how the press release leaves out the transfer details. That alone shouldn't be cause for concern but when they leave that information out it's usually for a good reason. I'm thinking the uncut bits will be in the form of SD inserts. Whatever the case may be it looks like this will finally be the definitive version.

fceurich39 likes this.
  11. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Audio Interview with Composer Harry Manfredini featuring Isolated Music and SFX Selections

WOOHOOO

12. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

13. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Sounds good and a recent scan? Even without this there should be no reason for a release with inserts required, I've got the UK DVD from arrow, it's uncut and a great print, lionsgate could use that, they probably are, I was surprised when seeing the print why arrow didn't release a blu at the same time as the DVD, maybe they only had a licence for DVD? Anyway there should be no problems with the print.

14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

DVD News Flash shared some information on the future of the Vestron line:

elDomenechHDG and Nailwraps like this.
  15. Nailwraps

Felscher also said (in case you didn't watch the livestream) Eyes of Fire is being discussed by Vestron. ;)

16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Well looks like Slaughter High might be my first Vestron line purchase. I've got the Arrow DVD which I was quite happy with. Haven't seen the film in years though so it's about time I dusted it off and refreshed my memory!

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

18. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Wow. I really hope they go forward with a release. Eyes of Fire is strange, shocking, creepy and certainly unlike the horror films that were coming out in 1983. I have been patiently waiting for someone to show this unseen, trippy gem a little love. Here's hoping for some great special features.

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I just want to know if Lionsgate has Dead Alive anymore. I think someone mentioned that Jackson himself is in possession of his first three films. Is this true? If so, why is he just sitting on them? It's pretty sad that a barebones blu-ray of Dead Alive goes for $100 on eBay because the movie is so hard to find on the format.

Natas likes this.
  20. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

I've also read the rumor that Jackson has been slowly getting the rights back to his older films. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any verification that it's true.