Victims!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by STREET TRASH, Mar 13, 2003.

1. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

This is an odd one. Before the credits even begin, a man wearing a dress hacks up a few girls, quite gorily I must say, and is then apprehended by someone who witnesses one of the murders --- The moron's apparent appetite for blood was too insatiable as he commits his crime in broad daylight, on a public sidewalk! The credits begin and except for the innocent by-stander who yells "Police!" (with little to no emotion) there isn't a word spoken a good 10-15 mins. into the movie. Just a lot of cheesy stock music. Anyway, one can only wonder what relation the opening segment has to do with the rest of the film as it changes location, characters AND sub-genre in the blink of an eye. It shifts from the suburbs to a desert and we are introduced to 4 young girls. Their little vacay is cut short when they are terrorized and raped by two escaped mental patients. Now it's a rape/revenge style film. The only gore found in this sucker is during the first few mins. of the film, the rest is your standard, but always unpleasant, rape and forced-lesbian-sex-between-two-girls ala "Last House on the Left." Not a good movie AT ALL, but strangley watchable. Would probably be a bit better if I didn't have to struggle to hear the audio (yeah, it's one of THOSE no-budget cheapie flicks. Ya know, looks as if it's been shot a decade earlier than when it was reportedly made.)

2. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Come on, I know there's got to be at least one other slasher connoisseur like myself who's seen it!

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Even though the title sounds somewhat familiar but I think I've never seen this one.

4. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Not ringin a bell :eek2:

5. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

I saw this one in a video store, and I wanted to rent it SOO bad, but my credit card wouldn't go through (because the lady put the expiration date backwards.) :(

6. I have never seen this, but you sure have me wanting to check it out.

I remember a couple of movies called Victims from a couple of years ago.

I think that it is probably sitting at home on a shelf somewhere.

I will have to hunt it down sometime. :D

7. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Loved the cover to it, too.

8. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Is it out on dvd?

9. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

10. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Hmmm, got to do a side by side if I find the Forest.

And $40 ain't that much money when you compare it to this: I've seen an original Man From Deep River (released by Prisim) go for $300+ :eek: ! If I find the link, I'll show it to you guys.

11. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

12. That price is flat out crazy!

Of course I have never been able to understand the outrageous prices that some stuff goes for anyways.

13. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

OK, Lord knows what's going on in that guy's head. I bought that exact Prism VHS in mint shape a few years ago for around $20. No way in hell is it worth more than 50!

I would say these days, paying $40 for a video is a lot, since DVD is bringing out a lot of obscurities for half that price. Luckily, I nabbed Victims! for a cool $12.

14. The thing is, next month someone will announce a R1 DVD coming soon, and his price will suddenly be $40 when he tries to get rid of it before everyone knows that the DVD is coming! :lol:

edit: bad spelling

15. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Hmmm...... never heard of it but sounds like it could be interesting. If I come across a copy I might have to snag it.

16. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

KC, pretty much the only way to find Victims! is through mom and pop stores. You might have some luck at a Blockbuster (one near me still has a good deal of exploitation films,) but check independant video stores first.

17. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Those Girls Deserve A Spanking

Ok, finally got to see this little sickie, and let me tell you, this is the bottom of the barrel. It's wicked sexist; the killers motive being the girls are asking for it with the clothes they wear. And, in LHOTL style, rape and force the girls to do it with each other.

This movie's got some of the funniest goofs ever: a guy gets shot in the back, but there's no bullet wound, and when one of the girls takes the rifle from one of the bad guys, the gun BREAKS in two!

The best part of the movie, like STREET said, was the beginning, which has nothing to do with the rest of the film, but is gory non the less. I guess the only reason to see this flick is if you're scrapping bottom (the shitty editing interrupts what characters are saying in mid sentence,) or if you want to see the ugliest tan lines ever put to celuloid.

18. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Nicky- glad you've finally seen it!

Forgot all about this thread...

19. Bad_Ronald_1983

Bad_Ronald_1983 New Member

[Yea I seen it. Pretty good movie, like u said the beginning is crazy, overall a good movie.

Word
    Matt

20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Well that was one helluva quirky movie. I'm still not sure if the opening scenes have anything to do with the rest of the film. Seems like a flick that played at broken down drive-ins in the 70's - yes, it's probably worth watching just based on that statement :)

Violent, sleazy, amateurish rape scenes, below average acting and choppy editing - one man's trash is another man's gold.