Video Violence

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by RyanPC, Apr 9, 2003.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Have any of you ever seen a rare film called Video Violence? I loved it and wondered if any of you saw it and what you thought of it.

2. Vdlman

Vdlman Guest

Yes, I have both VIDEO VIOLENCE and its sequel. They're both sick, cheesy, and gory fun. Definitely two of the better SOV efforts from the '80s.

3. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

When I ever say 80's gore around here, this is the kind of movie I'm talking about. Video Violence was great (so was its sequel). I wish there were more movies like it.

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I love Video Violence, but I didn't think the sequel was so great. It was mildly fun, but overall I just didn't think it lived up to the original.

5. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I found Video Violence pretty amusing when I rented it ages ago. I'm not a big fan of SOV flicks, so I don't know if I'd like it as much it if I watched it today.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Thought I'd revive this thread. Has anyone else seen this since the thread was made? What do you think about it now? :D

I still think it's a gem. It is corny, cheesy, and SCREAMS 80's! :p

7. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Haven't seen it again since, but thanks for bumping this thread. I just noticed a grammatical error in my earlier post from April, so I corrected it.:p

8. mcchrist

Video Violence definitly needs a DVD, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Video Dead needs a DVD too...

9. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

doesn't this movie show clips of BLOOD CULT?

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

No... I've seen Blood Cult and I highly doubt that they would show clips from that. I would have probably recognized it. Plus Blood Cult sucks and Video Violence doesn't. :p

Oh yeah McChrist, I would buy the DVD too. What's taking them so long with that SE? :D :mad:

11. mcchrist

You're wrong, they both rule! :p

12. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Well, it really doesn't "suck", it's just not my thing. Maybe it needs another viewing. :p

13. Atmims

Atmims Guest

Second viewing never work for me EVER! If it SUCKS the first time time it will never be worth watching again.

14. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Blood Cult kicks serious ass!

15. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yeah, if the "serious ass" is 10 pounds of doggie doodoo. :p :lol: :eek2:

16. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

17. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Hey everyone, thought I'd revive this thread because I found the director's e-mail address on another site and decided to e-mail him, telling him how much I liked Video Violence, and to a point, Video Violence 2. I also told him I know of some other people (i.e. you) who like them too. I asked him if he knows of any plans to put them onto DVD, and unfortunately he said he had a deal for a double feature to be made but it fell through because he couldn't locate all the signed releases from many of the cast members. But he told me he'd be happy to sell me DVDs of the films that he made himself (he didn't say how much but in my reply I asked him) and said that if I had a burner I could copy them. Well I don't have a burner, so I asked him if I could tell all of you guys his address in case you all wanted to get a copy from him... he hasn't replied yet so I am anxious awaiting his approval. If he approves, I will post his e-mail in case someone wants a copy. It isn't an official DVD, but hey, it's better than nothing. :)

If any of you haven't seen this gem, you must do so right now! :p

:banana: :banana:

18. mcchrist

That fucking sucks Ryan. I could see how talent releases could be lost over the years, at least he sounds like a cool guy. Keep us posted.

19. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i have to say this is one film that could of only worked with the budget it had and the shot on video feel.

it wouldn't have been as effective with a big budget
    i loved it:D

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Some more news in the world of Video Violence for those who are interested, I just got a reply from Gary Cohen, the director, who didn't answer when I asked if I could share his e-mail address with you guys in case you wanted to buy the DVDs, but he did say this, in his own words:

I'd sell either DVD for $20.00 each which would include the postage -- then whatever you do with it would be up to you!

Gary

Hopefully those of you who want the film can afford that (especially since it's a DVD-R) but to me, hell, any release is good enough! Once I get the money, those suckers are mine! ;)

Once I get approval from him, I will post a message here ASAP with his e-mail for those interested. I also asked him if there would be any kind of special features on the DVDs (trying to press my luck here :D) and if he could perhaps sign the DVD case (if indeed it comes in a case). Hopefully he'll respond with what I wanna hear! :p