Video Violence

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by RyanPC, Apr 9, 2003.

1. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Jeez Ryan, milk it for all it's worth!

:banana:

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Hell yeah, just got this wonderful reply! :)

(Although he still didn't say whether or not I could give out his e-mail to you guys... :mad: )

Ryan:

A money order in the mail would be fine. Video Violence 1 does not have any extras but does have a neat case that mirrors the original VHS box art as well as chapter stops and it would be my pleasure to autograph it.

Video Violence 2 contains an extra scene that was cut as well as the box and chapter stops.

Gary

3. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Excellent!

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

WOOHOO!! He just gave me this message:

Ryan -

Certainly let your friends know!

Thanks,

Gary

If you would like your own copy of Video Violence or Video Violence 2 on DVD, please e-mail Gary Cohen at gpc2@comcast.net. Fans of the films, take advantage of this-- it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity! (Also remember to ask him to autograph yours!)

5. Fredson

Fredson Guest

There is a german DVD of The Video Dead from Laser Paradise. You can get it in Germnay for under 10 € but the quality is supposed to be really bad (like bad vhs quality!!!).
    Fredson

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This is Video VIOLENCE, not The Video Dead.

7. krikon625

krikon625 Guest

Damn, there is folks out there who likes Video Violence ? I thought i was the only one, postings about it elsewhere has not proved very fruitfull.

What i love about it is the lack of logic development, you has this lawyer typa guy who gives up a great NY jobb to run a videostore in a redneck town and then he is worried when peopole hires alot from him??????

Wonderfull movie, fun gore etc.... What im less fond of is the sequel, the goofy laugh of that keyboard player kinda bugged the hell out of me.

Never the less, im happy of my originals i got from Ebay :D A DVD would be great thoguh, maybe i could provide DVD covers for it as im into graphic design. Would go for emulating the original cover as much as possible.

8. Yes I'm reviving this thread. So sue me lol. Anyhow, Camp Video went out of business even though they commissoned a vv3, so no dice there. In case you were wondering what vv3 was gonna be about.....It was going to be about 3 witches who move into the town and wreak havoc on Howard & Eli, thus concluding the trilogy. Sadly, this story will now never be told :(

And these are two of my all time favorite movies, hence my board name. I even talked to the f/x guy and he's a very nice guy as well. He has a website you can contact him at:

http://www.wingsofmagic.net

I've even emailed Bart Sumner, who plays Howard. Very nice guy as well. But he doesn't list the movies on his resume any more, so he's obviously not too talkative about 'em. Guess I lucked out.

9. riverzombie

riverzombie Guest

[S[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]IZE=1][COLOR=Rno who made the movie

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2003
  11. Speaking of, is it easy to make avatars or not? I'd love to get a VV one done up. And the VV movies rule! Glad to see there's an interest again!!

12. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

If you have MS Paint, you can just copy a picture onto it and crop it and then shrink it so it's no more than 100X100.

13. Cool, if I ever figure out how to do it, I'm definetly doing a VV avatar!!

14. *BUMP* VV rocks!!

15. Polter3

Polter3 Guest

Hi there. I'm a new member and this is my first post! *hears applause* Thank you, thank you. Anyways, I was at the video store and I saw this in the used section and was there for at least 10 minutes wondering if I should have picked up Video Violence. Is it worth it?

16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Read the thread. It's bad, but I think it's quite good. ;)

17. Go buy it! Don't walk, RUN to the vid store!! :)

18. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

19. I agree. Certain movies are more effective with either no budget or a low budget.

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Cover art and specs for the upcoming DVD release is available here. It is going to be a double feature with Video Violence 2, and the special features are:

- VIDEO VIOLENCE Feature Film (1987)
    - VIDEO VIOLENCE 2 Feature Film (1988)
    - INTERVIEW with Director Gary P. Cohen
    (includes never-before-seen footage)
    - Commentary with Director and Cast Members
    - CAMP MOTION PICTURES TRAILER VAULT

The DVD will be released on April 10, 2007.

:banana: I cannot wait! I love how they mostly kept the original VHS cover art intact. The movies are sort of crappy, but how can you not love them--they are trashy, cheesy 80's fun all the way. I have not been this excited for a DVD in quite a while and I am thinking about buying the others this company is releasing, though I have not seen the films before.