Village of the Damned

Discussion in 'Classic' started by dwatts, Aug 18, 2004.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

So, this one recently got released through WB, am I the only one to have bought it? I watched Village last night (hopefully will get to "Chilren of the Damned" tonight).

This is a classic film, imo. The DVD looks great, and the snippets of the commentary sounded good too. Sjelley Winters is YOUNG in this one :D

I'd recommend this, but surely others have bought it too?

2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I'll be picking it up soon. I was planning on picking up Freaks and Bad Seed first so it just has to wait it's turn.

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Heh heh. Funny how people have different tastes. I've not bought "Bad Seed", and although I got Freaks, Village was top priority for me.

4. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

I think Village of the Damned is a great movie..... but like ASH, I've got lots of other stuff to buy before I buy that one!

5. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

I bought this but only watched the first five minutes of Village just to see how it looked. Too busy looking over Bad Seed, Dead Ringer and Freaks. Never saw either so I'll be watching this over the weekend.

6. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

Warned did a great job on the disk.All 4 warner august movies look good.Check out dead ringer to.It is a good thriller in the vein of hitchcock.

7. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I wouldn't mind having Village of the Damned but there are too many other movies that either just came out or are going to come out that I would rather have. This is a great movie, though. A must see for all classic horror fans.

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I watched Children of the Damned last night. It's not as good as Village, with much slower pacing, and continuity from he first film seems to have been abandoned. There are things the governments know in the first film, that they've forgotten in the second.

It does have one great line though - a scientist meets a beautiful blond girl and says, "Come back to my place, I'd like to show you my laboratory". The things is, he really DOES want to show her his laboratory :D The transfer is great though. Commentaries next!