Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Someone posted it on Blu-ray.com who received their order already.

I'm not even really aware if they all sold out? I know they were all getting low in stock, like maybe a couple dozen or so left of each in stock when I looked on the final day of the sale.

chancetx likes this.
  2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I certainly used it as a guide over the weekend. Here's how my collection/purchase reflects Lyons' recommendations

Recent Releases: 2/5. Deadline was one of the first titles I added to my cart at the beginning of the sale based on what a lot of people here said. Added Secta Siniestra at the end based on the recommendation of John, plus the dwindling supply. Have not heard of Blood Games but his description of it puts it on my short list for BF.

Hardcore: 0/5. I already have quite the collection of VS smut, and added to it with three titles (that encompass 6 films) this weekend. Blue Money does look interesting though, I'll also short list it for BF

Slashers: 3/5. Got Star Time last year. Got Don't Answer the Phone this time based on recommendations here. I liked his description of Darkroom (although it doesn't get good reviews here) enough to add it on Monday.

1973: 5/5. Already had Chris Miller. Candy Snatchers was an impulse buy at the beginning of the sale; one of the few VS films I've seen already, and I knew the slip wouldn't last the sale. It didn't. Added the other three over the weekend.

3. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

When I checked late the final night I think the Incubus mini was sold out and the other two were around 25 or so. Can't believe someone already got their order! That's amazing.

Katatonia likes this.
  4. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

I think that the person in question had purchased from The Archive, not online. Subscribers are only just getting their shipping notifications.

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

They are doing “safe curbside pickup” which I’m doing, but still haven’t received that notification from there. Otherwise, The Archive is technically closed.

6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

7. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

8. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

9. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Just received a massive box from Vinegar Syndrome. 23 titles. Blood Games was packaged a little strange. The slipcover was sent flat and there is a reversible jacket included that was sent separate from the sealed movie. Evil Town and Dr. Jekyll's Dungeon of Death came with a numbered slip. VS has such beautiful slipcovers.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Natas likes this.
  10. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Glad to hear folks are starting to receive their orders.

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

There was a typo on the packaged (already sealed) Blood Games insert cover on both sides - missing the last line of the synopsis where it was supposed to finish the final sentence saying "2K restoration." So VS has included the corrected covers with corrected synopsis/missing line added back separately so customers can replace their misprinted ones.

baggio, Katatonia and russweiss like this.
  12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

13. Katatonia

14. Katatonia

My shipment from VS arrived today. Definitely the largest box I've ever received from them, but then again there were a lot of titles this time around.

The 3 "Mini" Slipcovers do look pretty cool, and there was a pin for each movie inside them. Hopefully they do some more, perhaps Demon Wind and a few others.

... and now I can watch RAD tonight! :)

chancetx and satans-sadists like this.
  15. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Haven't gotten mine yet, although I got my shipping notice last Thursday. Purposely not checking the tracking, as I've heard it's unreliable. Just hoping I'll have 'em for the weekend.

chancetx likes this.
  16. Katatonia

Yeah, my shipment was only showing as "accepted" in BRIDGEPORT, CT for a full week before it suddenly got a tracking update in my state... and then was delivered the next day.

chancetx likes this.
  17. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Mine came almost 2 weeks ago. I'm shocked I got it so quickly. I'm a yearly subscriber but it usually takes forever for the packages to get to the west coast so I'm used to seeing everyone else post their arrivals while I watch my tracking slowly makes it's way across the country. The mini-slips and pins are cool. I also sprung for the spinning reel pin. Seems a little loose but I like it.

I saw a lot of people on Facebook complaining the RAD slipcovers were arriving damaged - the metallic coating apparently scratches easily. Mine seems to be pristine but maybe my old eyes just aren't picking up what others are describing.

Katatonia likes this.
  18. Katatonia

Both of my RAD copies had some small thin scratches on the Slip's metallic side, but you have to look really close to even see them. I honestly don't think it's any big deal...

Zombie Dude, gobad2003 and chancetx like this.
  19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The May package got here in about a week from when it shipped, but April took over 4 weeks from when I received my shipping notice. They shipped it Media Mail and it sat in Bridgeport a majority of that time. I was expecting a repeat for May, but was relieved when it started moving.

20. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

Mine has the same thing but you have to look really closely and in the right light to see them. You think it was the end of the world the way some people were complaining on the Bluray site :confused: The rest of my movies are mint though and very well packaged :D

Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.