Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Did our old friend, Mr DVDFanatic finally switch over to blu and now he's making online videos?!? Awww, good for him.

Man, you would think 2020 would at least put some things into perspective for people. What a fucking pussy.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Talia Shire interview gives a little insight into RAD and it's re-release: https://uproxx.com/movies/talia-shire-rad/

:D

VS sold 12,000 copies of RAD in the end, the final near thousand of them selling out within hours... it was a pretty good money maker for them I'd say.

baggio, hots4, chancetx and 1 other person like this.
  3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I would like to know how much in total bootleggers generated since the inception of bootlegging RAD. Going back several years, RAD was one of those films that was bootlegged (on dvd) the most on Ebay. I'm sure it was on other sites as well.

Now, it's an onslaught of people buying the OOP Blu-ray on Ebay. It's averaging $100 a pop. One sold for .... $245 :eek: So the RAD cash cow continues almost full circle. Ebay adding to the RAD movie legend. They should do a documentary on it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Katatonia likes this.
  4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Felt like watching this in full for fun. First time I only scanned it. Wow, so beyond the shipping rant. He's constantly complaining that VS only sells crap films. Yet he buys all of them. LOL Notice his eyes as he is looking off camera at his entire collection of VS. Trying to pick out some "good ones". Also when he opened the box, and showed the two films he had ZERO clue on what either film was about. But yet still bought them anyway. I went through a couple of his other videos, again, you can clearly see him buying VS, and everytime he has no clue what the films are unless they are mainstream. In fact his other "finds" and purchases from other companies , he has almost zero knowledge of the films he just bought.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. Katatonia

Yeah, RAD has gotta be one of the most bootlegged movies ever... and that's been going on for 20+ years easily.

...and believe it or not, even some huge RAD fans out there didn't know VS had released this until after the mid-year sale ended. That's most likely why it sold almost a thousand copies in mere hours after their website reopened.

baggio likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I got to check out RAD last week and I must say I enjoyed it a lot. The story was enjoyable, the bike stuff was cool and it was very 80's. I wasn't sure about this one, especially as I was never into bikes, but it surprised me.

baggio and Katatonia like this.
  7. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I just received an order from Vinegar Syndrome that I placed the day their site reopened. It was sent via Media Mail and arrived in less than 2 weeks, even with a federal holiday thrown in the mix. It's almost as if that Youtuber complaining about their shipping times following a huge sale is an idiot...

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Their shipping times have been pretty bad lately. My April package was in transit for over 4 weeks, May took about 2.5 weeks, and my June package (which shipped on the 24th) just arrived today. Obviously, that timeline coincides with the pandemic. Every other retailer has been shipping as normal though, with everything arriving in under a week. I sell on eBay and those shipments have all been operating as normal too. So for whatever reason, Vinegar Syndrome seems to be the most affected.

That said, it hasn't been that big of a deal to me. I've got plenty to watch in the meantime. Looking forward to giving Best Friends a spin tonight.

9. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I think it's the luck of the draw how things are affected during the pandemic, but picking a slower shipping option can up the chances of something taking forever. I mailed someone a Fangoria lot on ebay and it took over a month to get to them. And they were of course one of those buyers who had to ask every day where their package was even though I had been giving regular updates about calls to the post office, etc.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Severin said they got over 1,000 Email orders on top of the regular orders (when the site was working) on their sale a week ago. So you can imagine how many orders VS got during that recent sale. Covid-19, understaffed, etc... are probably the causes to slow ship times.

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  11. Katatonia

I've personally never had a Vinegar Syndrome package take longer than 2 weeks to arrive to me before after getting the shipping notice. My June subscriber package took about a week after it shipped, delivered on July 2nd.

Often you do see it apparently "sit" in CT without any tracking scans, until it suddenly arrives to a postal hub your state...and then it usually arrived in a day or two.

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Doesn't matter. The fat guy with the doll collection wanted his movies faster.

gobad2003, baggio, fattyjoe37 and 2 others like this.
  13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Katatonia

If there are any other big RAD fans here that got it, Mondo had a limited edition print available. It sold out within 1 minute of going live, but I was lucky enough to get one.

https://mondoshop.com/collections/the-drop/products/rad-screenprinted-poster

[​IMG]

Anyone else interested or manage to grab one?

I've never bothered with any other Mondo prints before...but had to have this one. I'm definitely framing it and sticking it on the wall.

$50 doesn't seem too bad of a deal now, flippers on ebay are already getting several times that for it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Zombie Dude, gobad2003 and baggio like this.
  15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just kidding. I didn't get one. Didn't even know they were selling it. Looks real nice. You're very lucky to nab one.

Katatonia likes this.
  16. Zombie Dude

I love a lot of Mondo posters but I really hate how limited they make them. Most of the time they're impossible to get.

Katatonia likes this.
  17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

18. Katatonia

Yeah, and I've heard that automatic "bots" usually sweep them up pretty quick also. It was practically a miracle that I even got one it sounds like.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. Zombie Dude

That wouldn't surprise me. This is the only poster from them I have:
    [​IMG]

Katatonia likes this.
  20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost