Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's happened even before the pandemic... Julie Strain comes to mind. Wings Hauser was also proclaimed "dead" about 5 months ago as well.

People jump the guns too much on social media.

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

The others have yet to arrive so the only one I've seen is Graverobbers, but I thought it was awesome! Super fun and gory Mexican slasher ala Friday the 13th.

othervoice1 likes this.
  3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

They're now saying Tanya Roberts is dead for real this time.

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Yea, apparently the other report was premature, but she has now unfortunately died. RIP.

5. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Grindhouse Video lists this as in stock. No guarantees but give it a shot!

https://grindhousevideo.com/product...-edition-blu-ray?_pos=18&_sid=8557cdfed&_ss=r

dave13 likes this.
  6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for pointing that out to me! Unfortunately $90 USD plus whatever shipping charges would be to Canada is just too much for me to justify. Interesting that it's still showing up as in stock. Maybe it hasn't sold out since they're asking quite a bit for it. Thanks again, though.

chancetx likes this.
  8. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

They had it for $72 before it went OOS on VS, I know because I bought one so they definitely raised the price.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    dave13 and Katatonia like this.
  9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They refunded me the $8 difference that the subscriber coupon would have been, so I got Jeremy for $11.99 in the end with the "patience" coupon also applied on it.

VS customer service rocks!

gobad2003, chancetx and SilentScreams like this.
  10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

The Human Tornado is my favorite Rudy Ray Moore film. Even crazier than the first Dolemite film (which I also love). In this sequel, Ernie Hudson is one of the guys in Dolemite's crew. He participates in the bonus material and addresses his unconvincing double appearing onscreen. Vinegar Syndrome even offers a German dubbed version of the film. Couldn't make it through the entire feature in German though.

11. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Our top story tonight: Tanya Roberts is still dead.

scott71670, dave13 and Zombie Dude like this.
  12. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

KGB, you ignorant slut....

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

All of the finer points and details involving what is included and what is not in the annual subscription is a little confusing. If someone on here who has actually subscribed has the inclination to do so, I would be really interested in seeing a complete list of everything they received in one year for the price of their subscription. Or if this has been done on another board, I'd appreciate a link.

I'm really enjoying VS's releases lately, and the notion of an annual subscription is pretty tantalizing. But all of the mystery surrounding the upcoming titles makes it a little difficult to picture exactly what you get for your cash. So I'd like to see a clear illustration from a previous year.

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I don't have the time to do the full breakdown, but I believe in previous years it came to about $16 per title (keep in mind, that includes the 4Ks and boxsets, so a pretty amazing deal) + you get $8 off each VSA title.

I think the math this year came closer to $19 per title, if I recall? They raised the SRP on their releases. You still get the $8 off on VSAs, and now on their partner labels as well.

VS usually breaks down the cost themselves while keeping titles under wraps. This was their 2021 breakdown:

January 2021:3 VS releases + 1 Peekarama totaling $119.94 - $154.92 (MSRP)Including: CTHULHU MANSION, SATAN'S BLOOD, DARK TOWER, and a Peekarama double of TAXI GIRLS/HEAVENLY DESIRE

February 2021:3 VS releases + 1 Peekarama totaling $154.94 - $189.92 (MSRP)Including: RUSH WEEK, a giallo box set, one other VS release, and a Peekarama

March 2021:3 releases totaling $119.94 (MSRP)Including: DEATH PROMISE, an 80s slasher, and an 80s horror

April 2021:3 VS releases + 1 Peekarama totaling $154.94 - $189.92 (MSRP)Including: HOME GROWN HORROR - a box set of no budget 80s regional horror, featuring BEYOND DREAM'S DOOR and two other films, plus two other VS releases and one Peekarama

May 2021:5 releases totaling $209.90 (MSRP)Including: a 4k UHD and four other mostly horror releases(includes two Halfway to Black Friday surprise titles)

June 2021:3 VS releases + 1 Peekarama totaling $119.94 - $154.92 (MSRP)Releases TBD

July 2021:3 VS releases + 1 Peekarama totaling $154.94 - $189.92 (MSRP)Including a 3 Film Box Set, two other VS releases, and one Peekarama

August 2021:3 VS releases totaling $119.94 (MSRP)Including DEVIL STORY and two others

September 2021:3 VS releases totaling $154.94 (MSRP)Including: SHALLOW GRAVE, a 3-Film Euro Horror/Giallo Box Set and one other

October 2021:4 releases totaling $169.92 (MSRP)Including: one 4k UHD and three others

November 2021:5 releases totaling $219.90 (MSRP)Including: two 4k UHDs and three others(includes two Black Friday surprise titles)Releases TBD

December 2021:2 Peekarama releases totaling $69.96 (MSRP)Titles TBD

scott71670 and Kim Bruun like this.
  15. russweiss

I kept track of all the titles I received last year. I received 36 movies for a total of $615.00. This worked out to about $17.08 per title. I did not have the complete package (adult titles). It would have been I believe $25.00 less had a been a subscriber in 2018 as they received a higher incentive to resubscribe. If you really want it I can list the 36 titles separately.

dave13 likes this.
  16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Quick breakdown: You get all the VS branded releases (plus the Peekarama releases if you got the Completionist package vs. just the Horror/Exploitation package) for the year with slipcovers/limited edition packaging. Then you also get 50% off SRP coupons for all the year's VSA titles plus 50% off SRP coupons for all website exclusive partner label releases (AGFA, Fun City Editions, Pulse, etc.) when they go up. And usually a couple other perks throughout the year if and when they release surprise titles (like the year they had the 5 Years 5 Films sets for instance).

I've been a subscriber now for 4 years and have not once regretted it. And any title I've not cared for I've been able to re-sell titles for at minimum $5 more (and well up into double and even triple digits if the title has gone OOP) than what it actually cost me if you broke down the subscription per title. If you're a fan of VS and end up getting a lot of their catalog throughout the year, the Yearly Subscription is definitely the way to go.

17. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Question for the subscribers - were Frat House and High School Fantasies part of the December 2020 completionist package? I just got a delivery with those 2 titles and didn't order them and wasn't expecting them but if they were part of the December package I guess that's why. I only did the horror subscription option for this year but last year I did completionist.

18. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a list if you have the time. I understand the numbers and price breakdowns, but what I really want to see is a clear breakdown of exactly what titles were included. There are several of their titles that I knew immediately I wanted. Others that I am curious about. And some that I'm not interested in, but would still check out if they were delivered to my door. So I kind of want to see a complete list and then, based on those titles, ask myself "how would I have felt paying that much for those titles?"

19. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Do you know how many VSA and partner label releases they usually have in a year? Do you tend to buy most of them? What are some of the better titles that you've been able to get as part of that offer?

20. russweiss

Here are all the titles I received as part of the 2020 non completionist package:

Flesh Eating Mothers
    Zombie Island Massacre
    Xtro 3
    Hollywood Horror House
    Oliva
    Deadline
    Dolly Dearest
    Pale Blood
    Forgotten Gialli Volume 1-3 titles
    RAD 4K
    Blood Games
    Imortalizer
    Patty Heart
    Severed Arm
    Old Dracula
    Best Friends
    Eleventh Commandment
    Perfect Strangers
    Caller
    Pandemonium
    Killing Birds
    Memorial Valley Massacre
    Ladrones de Tumbas
    Cemetery of Terror
    Deadly Games
    Rest in Pieces
    Whodunit
    Beastmaster 4K
    Fade to Black with two slipcovers
    Forgotten Gialli Volume 2-3 titles
    Silent Madness
    Don't Panic

The subscription was $615 which came out to about $17.08 per title. As Morally Sound mentioned even if there are titles you don't want you can resell them without losing money. It a no lose situation unless you only care for a few titles.

dave13 likes this.