Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's live on the website, although the server has been crashing constantly since it went live at midnight EST. I got my order placed for the $69.99 complete package with no issues in the end however.

I definitely like these bonuses:

• If you place additional orders during our Black Friday sale, everything will ship in one package and any additional shipping charges will be refunded.
    • As an added incentive, your order(s) will be the first to ship (right after our yearly and halfway customers) following our Black Friday sale (!!!).

Judging by the website traffic, I really wouldn't doubt it! :eek:

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I could be wrong, but I don't think they ever actually specified how limited these discs would be.

3. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I went ahead and got the 3-pack, just in case. If the untitled releases are titles I don't want, I can always sell them; some people really like paying extra when ti comes to limited edition slip covers. :D

Has anyone on here splurged for the film canister shipping option? I'm tempted each time I order from them, but I haven't done it yet. One night, I'll be drunk enough.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I grabbed the two horror titles, but I wish they revealed them first. I was kind of reluctant to do it.

5. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I might get the horror titles, but I've still got to actually pay them for the October bundle soon, so I don't really want to drop another $50 on those too. I wish they'd just say what they were though, I'm a bit hesitant since while they always do outstanding work I've mostly been underwhelmed with the surprise announcement titles. The two from last Black Friday didn't interest me at all and the hyped up surprise title Executioner Part II from the Exploitation.tv fundraiser was quite underwhelming for being "one of the craziest films of the 80s." Still like Myron Breck said a few posts ago, I can always sell them if I don't want them.

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I was excited about the two mystery horror titles but thought that they would reveal them when they went up for sale, now I'm not sure I'll order because it is hard for me to lay out $46 for 2 movies without knowing what they are. The fact that the titles are still not revealed kind of makes me assume they're not great too.

7. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

i bit the bullet and pre-ordered the whole package

i'm going to be honest, if the 2 mystery titles are going to be an anticlimatic experience, it will immediately be the last time i'll pre-order something that i don't know

on the other hand, a film like Psychos In Love (which I really HATED, I even gave away the Shriek Show DVD to someone who bought a couple of other films from me a couple of years ago as a 'present') is released with an announcement, so these 2 might turn out to be fun!

8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I also thought they'd reveal the titles, and after contemplation, decided against buying anything. I need to know the titles. And I'm not going to fool around with canceling them or reselling them.

I used their canister option a couple of years ago. They literally ship everything bubble wrapped in it and use the canister as the shipping container. I forget but I think they zip tied it shut.

Got a nice medium sized one with a big ole dent in it. Kinda cool. It sits on the corner of my stairs now as a decoration piece you might say. I've contemplated doing it again but I'm already spending too much money as it is during their sales.

Myron Breck and satans-sadists like this.
  9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Without title reveals or even better clues than what they gave us, I too have decided to pass on the mystery duo. I wonder if that's why Vinegar Syndrome was requiring full payment up front this time instead of their usual "pay later" option? The reality that they might have been inundated with cancellations when the time came to pay. I will take my chances & wait until Black Friday arrives. Don't want to be stuck with one or two films I may have no use for.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I'm with some of you guys. I really thought the reveal would be when the sale went live. There was no way I thought that you really had to buy 2 movies which you have no clue what they were going to be. ............

On the other hand, this is VS and they put out really good quality stuff. Now I personally have zero interest in Liquid Sky and will not be getting that, but the 2 mystery horror titles are intriguing. And to be fair, they sell yearly packages where people have zero clue of what will be released for the entire year and people buy those.

I would just like a clarification on if these two titles will be LTD, not just talking special covers. If they will be truly LTD and won't be released in a non special cover forms.

It's the afternoon and nothing is sold out yet. So there's still time to make a decision.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  11. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I also couldn't put in a blind buy for unknown movies. I love Vinegar Syndrome but this is a huge fail to me. If these are movies that I want I'm willing to get the regular version without the slip cover.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  12. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

I do think VS needs to clarify whether or not the titles themselves are limited, and not just the slipcovers.

13. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Honestly, I don't think that anyone has to worry about missing out on the mystery titles before Black Friday. Even VS is saying as much on Facebook.

14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

15. zbinks

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14137247&postcount=6663

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14141421&postcount=6760

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14144699&postcount=6811

Katatonia likes this.
  16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

17. zbinks

Family Video's prices are good, but I probably wouldn't order from them, again. The last time I placed a preorder with them, the disc didn't ship until about a month after the release date.

Katatonia likes this.
  18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I don't like ordering anything from them either. The last time I ordered something through FV, I experienced basically the same things you did. It was a new release and even listed as "in stock" but then took forever to ship out.

19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, I ordered from FV only one time. Had to call about my order. Can't remember the problem, as it was a long time ago. But I do remember it sounded like it was one guy working out of his garage. He was helpful and solved the problem, but that was the impression I got.

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

They're a regional rental/store chain, so not far from the truth. :D

I've placed preorders with them for Pieces, The Bride of Re-Animator, and The Beyond, and all three ended up getting canceled because they didn't have stock on release date. WTF? At least order as many as you take orders for! I didn't mind their slow service so long as they had good prices, but I'm not missing out on limited editions to save a few bucks.

So fuck 'em.

Zombie Dude likes this.