Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Katatonia likes this.
  2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Demon Wind is an excellent release from Vinegar Syndrome

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

4. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

The October package has been pretty stellar as a whole, so far. I'm working my way through Bloodbeat and Lurkers, with The Corpse Grinders to cap everything off.

fceurich39 likes this.
  5. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Our annual Black Friday sale starts in 3 weeks!

[​IMG]
    Only 3 weeks to go until our annual Black Friday weekend sale (November 24th–27th at VinegarSyndrome.com!)
    Nearly everything in the VS catalog will be up to 50% off, plus we're unveiling new merch, two surprise limited edition horror Blu-rays, and much-much more! Now is the perfect time to setup your VinegarSyndrome.com Wishlist!
    [​IMG]
    LIQUID SKY limited dayglo slipcover:
    Our 3000/unit limited edition of LIQUID SKY will be available exclusively from VinegarSyndrome.com, starting on the 24th. This deluxe package includes a brand new 4k restoration of the film along with hours of extras, among them a newly recorded director's commentary, a 50 min making-of doc, never before seen outtakes, auditions, trailers, and more, all bound in a beautiful dayglo ink slipcover!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    2 secret Black Friday horror blus!
    And yes...our TWO mystery horror Blu-rays will be unveiled in all their absurd and gratuitous glory...Will your guesses be correct? We'll be revealing more clues in the next couple weeks...

Horror blu #1: limited edition of 2,500 units
    Horror blu #2: limited edition of 2,000 units
    Both come in beautifully designed slipcovers!
    [​IMG]
    The return of the YEARLY PACKAGE!
    And, for those willing to take the plunge on a whole 'nother year of discounted Vinegar Syndrome madness, our 2018 yearly package will be offered during the sale, consisting of over 60 releases!! In 2018, we're streamlining the calendar to offer three Blus and two DVDs per month, every month, including at least one horror Blu per month! Like we say every year (and we mean it), 2018 promises to be our biggest and best year yet
    [​IMG]
    November lineup!
    Also on November 24th, our November lineup will be in stock and shipping only from the VS webstore, weeks before it'll be available anywhere else. To recap what's included, Bernard Hirschenson's surreal and psychedelic sexploitation art film, PICK UP makes its Blu-ray debut in its original cut under its original title, PAZUZU, along side Hirschenson's long lost feature filmmaking debut, ORGY AT LIL'S PLACE.

No budget auteur, Andy Milligan's masterpiece SEEDS comes to Blu in its original director's cut, unseen for nearly 50 years and paired with his controversial filmmaking debut, VAPORS!

And finally on DVD only, two absurd 80s romps from sex film master,Paul Vatelli, NASTY NURSES and LETS TALK SEX!
    [​IMG]
    PENITENTIARY coming in January!
    The January package will be available for pre-order as well on the 24th. This 3-Blu, 2-DVD package will start your 2018 off right, with a major dose of heavy sleaze. Among the included films will be the Blu-ray debut of Jamaa Fanaka's quintessential blaxploitation action film,PENITENTIARY, newly restored in 4k from its original negative.
    [​IMG]
    Pickup our Black Friday exclusives IN PERSON!
    Our Black Friday sale is making the jump into meatspace this year! Our experimental retail store,The Archive, will be having a HUGE sale for Black Friday weekend (24th - 26th). Movies, vinyl records, VHS...all will be unbelievably discounted.

In addition...we'll have a special guest on hand...more info on that coming soon...

The Archive
    118 Congress Street in Bridgeport, CT
    Fridays: 11am - 6pm
    Saturday & Sundays: 11am - 7pm
    Yelp | Facebook | Instagram @ TheArchiveCT

Keep a lookout for more updates, information, and surprises in the coming weeks leading up to Black Friday...

http://vinsyn.campayn.com/stakmails...8975d5742ba665a3b8f21/Stakmail/151429/2299393

The popular guess for the left mystery title is the 1995 film starring Clint Howard, Ice Cream Man.

russweiss, baggio and MorallySound like this.
  6. fceurich39

Blind bought Witchtrap! Looking forward to checking it out tonight. I enjoyed most of the directors other films.

loutoad23 likes this.
  7. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I ordered the 2 secret horror titles during the 24 hour flash pre-order on September 28th. If one turns out to be Ice Cream Man, I'll be unloading that quickly - doesn't seem like my cup of tea. I don't remember would the secret titles and Liquid Sky be shipping early to those who pre-ordered during the flash sale?

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I don't believe so, because they've said that any additional purchases during the actual sale will be added to the same shipment (with free shipping).

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Pretty sure they said that customers who pre-ordered during the flash sale would get their orders shipped first. Any time I've bought from them during the Black Friday sale, there has typically been a long wait before getting the shipping confirmation. Yours would be among the very first to ship at that time.

Kim Bruun likes this.
  10. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Correct, here are the confirmed details (as posted by Katatonia a few pages back) for those who pre-ordered Liquid Sky and the mystery titles:

• If you place additional orders during our Black Friday sale, everything will ship in one package and any additional shipping charges will be refunded.
    • As an added incentive, your order(s) will be the first to ship (right after our yearly and halfway customers) following our Black Friday sale (!!!).

Kim Bruun likes this.
  11. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Thanks, guys! I'm really looking forward to seeing what the early 80's title will be. VS mentioned that one of the two would be comedic, and if the 90's title is indeed Ice Cream Man, then there's a good chance I'll love the early 80's title, since I'm more into 80's horror than 90's horror and generally don't like horror comedy that much.

12. I hope its Ice Cream Man.

13. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

Okay. After looking at the swirled pictures I am going to have to change my guesses to Ice Cream Man and Hysterical with the Hudson Brothers. My rationale is it is a horror comedy from 1983, it was pressed by Image in 2001 and is OOP, the swirled picture looks to me like the poster with the cartoon lining the bottom.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

If it is Ice Cream Man, I hope the reverse artwork is Clint Howard holding the eyeball ice cream cone. Loved that VHS cover as a kid.

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

The transfer looks really nice but for me the film is one of the worst I've seen recently. I wouldn't recommend the film as a blind buy.

hots4, x666x and fceurich39 like this.
  16. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

I didn't love Demon Wind, either. Passable, I'd say. The comparisons to Evil Dead hurt more than help, as DW lacks that film's creativity and ferocity. All the elements for a really good horror film are there, but they just don't gel.

x666x, Zombie Dude and fceurich39 like this.
  17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

18. fceurich39

Finally watched Witchtrap another excellent release!

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

20. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

4 upcoming 2018 releases (3 horror, 1 adult) have been revealed this week through The Official Vinegar Syndrome Fan Group on Facebook.

- Sharron Miller's House of the Dead aka Alien Zone
    - Norman J. Warren's Prey aka Alien Prey
    - Gerard Damiano's Memories Within Miss Aggie
    - Alexander Cassini's Star Time