Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Soooo glad I bought one ahead of time. It's a very nostalgic title for me, regardless of the quality of the film itself (which I will always defend).

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I saw somewhere VS mention they were going to release a standard, nonslip cover version in 2018.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They are, minus the Slipcover and Booklet.

5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Shipping confirmations for Black Friday orders everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Katatonia

From Vinegar Syndrome's Facebook page:

So since a few scalper idiots thought they could get by ordering more than two copies, there will be a few more copies of Liquid Sky available once their website goes back online.

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Got my order. The Ice Cream Man slip looks a lot better in person, especially with the embossed blood. Disconnected will be a first time viewing for me. Excited these turned out to be the mystery titles!

fceurich39 likes this.
  8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Damn, I still haven't received shipping confirmation....

9. killit

killit Active Member

I think my order will be cancelled, I only bought liquid sky which is what I thought was a flash sale and thus qualified for free shipping, but now I get it, it meant that if I had ordered from a flash sale that I could combine shipping duh.

10. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Me, neither.

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Received my VS order on Saturday. It was my Black Friday Flash Sale(month ago) order plus my small actual Black Friday sale in one package.

12. Katatonia

I received my order in the mail earlier, 6 Blu-rays well packed in a box. 3 were from the BF flash sale and the other three were from the actual BF sale.

I love how VS uses these thick Slipcovers... not those thin wimpy Slipcovers almost every other label uses. :p

Angelman likes this.
  13. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I agree, though. Same with Arrow's boxes for those deluxe editions. It just feels like a collector's edition.

Katatonia and Zombie Dude like this.
  14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

chancetx likes this.
  15. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I watched Ice Cream Man last night and while it is a bad movie, it rings the dtv/early 90s nostalgia bell pretty hard. That and the last 20 minutes are pretty good.

My sweet spot, like most here is late 70s/early 80s but I won't complain if we get more from this era as the VS blu is stellar as always.

Let's see those Silent Night, Deadly Night sequels, Amityville sequels, etc.

16. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Is the artwork on the reverse side of the Ice Cream Man cover supposed to be the same? I opened it up to check out the reverse art and it's the same exact art.

17. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Wait, I'm an idiot. The reverse art doesn't say the title on it. Why would they print out the exact same thing minus the title for the reverse?

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Diabolik is showing Sweet Sugar & Red Mob without the slip covers (coming soon)

So much for those titles being LTD. Guess, unless you want/need a slip cover. Every VS, title will be available to buy later down the road.

I will assume same for Ice Cream Man & Disconnected. leads me to this question. If one were to get the the 2017 Blu package & the 2018 Blu package., you would now have 2 copies of the same movies, no? If that's true, then I would advise nobody to get the yearly package, two years in a row. And what about 2017? they released a few films with & without. Do you get two?

Said this before, imho they should releases a film and put right on the order page. FIRST 1000(or whatever) gets a LTD slip cover. Period. Enough with the sold out stuff. Obviously nothing is sold out, just the slip cover. Look what Ronin does, buy from us you get a Slip Cover, buy elsewhere , you don't. Simple.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  20. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

If you have the actual discs in hand (including Ice Cream Man and Disconnected), it only says limited edition slipcover on the slipcover. There is no indication of it being limited on the case.

Several of their titles (Trip With Teacher, Pick Up, etc) say limited on the case itself. I assume those releases are genuinely limited. There's also Blood Mania / Point Of Terror that says limited on the case, but is possibly referring to the bonus disc only.

In the case of Sweet Sugar and Red Mob, those were both $19.99 with free shipping when available. I doubt a wide retail release will get much cheaper, maybe $15 at the lowest. So why not just buy it for $19.99?

I guess I don't see what the issue is? Is the problem that your limited edition item is not as rare and valuable as you once thought? Or is it a title you were upset you missed out on? You're really not paying much more if you buy direct from Vinegar Syndrome (plus you are getting the bonus slip). And if you happened to miss out the first time, now you have a chance to remedy that.

I've bought their titles direct (The Undertaker, Sweet Sugar, Disconnected, Ice Cream Man, etc), and I'm glad they'll remain in print. They're really cool movies that I hope fans discover. I don't care about the $$$ value, they're on my shelf and that's where they're staying.

Myron Breck and Zombie Dude like this.