Volcano High...is this any good?

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by poorlogic, Aug 26, 2002.

1. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I just purchased "Volcano High" and "Vistor Q" - anyone seen these films? I just wanted some info before they arrive!

Thanks!

2. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

I've heard good things about both but I haven't seen either yet. Volcano High is full of special effects goodness and Visitor Q is Miike weirdness. If you don't like either I'll take them off your hands.:D

Later all...

3. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

Visitor Q is awesome!!!

I loved "Visitor Q" - this is really edgy filmmaking. I really "got" it and at the end of the film my head was reeling from the images and cleverness of it all. Haven't seen the other one.

4. LJMurder

LJMurder Guest

visitor q is one of those movies that breaks all the taboos. it's something you should see but it's definitely not for everyone.

volcano high is awesome. it's like a live action dragon ball type thing. not so high on the plot but it has a great entertainment value.

5. Mr.Vengance

Mr.Vengance Guest

Yeah, I'll back up the statement that the plot is somewhat lacking but the vibe and the look of the film more than makes up for it. It's got a really dreary look to everything. The characters are great and the situations that occur are worth getting the movie for. Highly recommended.

I've not seen Visitor Q yet and I kick myself in the ass for it on a daily basis. I love everything I've seen by miike yet and this is supposed to be one of his best. I should really get on the ball.

6. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Damn, maybe I need to get Q. Is there a R1 copy available, import or otherwise? I loved Audition and I want to see more by Miike, so this sounds like the next step. Volcano High sounds interesting too. I need to see both of these.