Walking Dead TV Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Jun 2, 2010.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

AMC is pretty cutting-edge with their shows Mad Men and Breaking Bad. And if you read the article, they say nothing they've shot has been "toned down" by AMC.

Re-read the article. Darabont says he WANTS to get Romero to direct, but it doesn't sound like they've even discussed it face-to-face.

I'm sure the trailer shown today at Comic-Con is up somewhere, if not it will be soon. It looks REALLY good. Some of the shots of the empty city were really amazing. I was lucky enough to get into this panel. The line snaked through the plastic chain corralls, around the building, and out of sight. And I was one of the last to get in. Comic-Con really screwed the pooch on this one, putting it in only their third biggest room. This easily could have filled up "Hall H", the 6000 seat room.

3. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

What's he going to to say...no? Of course he'd do it. My point was, I don't know how I feel about it.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I'm not quite so willing to speak for Romero. There are plenty of reasons and excuses he might have for not working on The Walking Dead that we're not privy to.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Darabont has said from the beginning that he has always been heavily influenced by Romero and wanted to do something with zombies. This show is going to receive alot of positive attention. I can't see Romero turning that opportunity down. I've been wrong before. We'll see.

6. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

This series looks like it has a lot of potential, but I really hope that Darabont doesn't have Romero direct. Christ..I am so damn sick of his lousy zombie films. Even if Darabont was influenced by Romero, can't anybody do their own thing for once? Romero was outstanding in Night and Dawn, but after that, he started to waiver. Day was okay, but from Land onward, I wouldn't give two cents for his films. As far as I'm concerned, he can stay in Canada and live out his life making shit films. His name has become mud in Pittsburgh and Toronto can have him.

7. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Hence my concern regarding his involvement in this series. Again, I own everything with his name on it, i've been to the conventions etc, but can Romero bring anything to the table or is he just there because of who he once was?

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Let's not get too up-in-arms about what MIGHT happen with this series. Let's enjoy it for what we know we'll already get, which so far seems to be a damn good zombie-based TV series with some pretty graphic violence and a great storyline.

If they decide to fuck it up down the road, THEN we can bitch about it.

9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Agreed. Here's the first video of the series (albeit poor quality). Watch at your own risk (spoilers).

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/21031

10. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

11. meljon

meljon New Member

This looks awesome. They seem to be following the comic pretty close. It makes me wonder how there gonna handle the story later on, because there's some pretty extreme stuff in the books. I do need to go back and read my first couple issues though because I dont remember the tank, but it has been a few years since I read them.

12. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

That trailer looks amazing.

I don't think they'll have to take too many liberties with the books, they have ALOT of source material to cover that could easily last over a few seasons.

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Check this out.

My friend who works in New York called me & said that while he was coming out of Penn Station this morning. This happened:

"As I walked out, there was this homeless person walking towards me. He was bleeding from his mouth & looked like he was hit by a bus. His shoulder & arm appeared to be disjointed. I actually stepped back a little. When I got out(passed him) there were about 50 others like him, zombing around , draped on parked cars, etc... There was a huge crowd of onlookers"

How cool was that? I'm so jealous.

Then I found this article:

AMC’s DRAMA SERIES “THE WALKING DEAD” STRIKES MAJOR CITIES WORLDWIDE WITH ZOMBIE INVASION

26 Cities “Infected,” Including New York, Washington D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, London, Munich, Madrid, Rome, Athens, Johannesburg, Sao Paolo and Buenos Aires

AMC and Fox International Channels (FIC) Unveil Plan to Stage Global Invasions on Tuesday, October 26

New York, NY/Los Angeles, CA – October 25, 2010 – In anticipation of the premiere of AMC’s new drama series, “The Walking Dead,” on Sunday October 31 at 10 p.m., AMC and FOX international networks plan to stage a worldwide zombie invasion stunt. “The Walking Dead’s” international broadcaster, Fox International Channels (FIC), will kick-off the stunts with overseas invasions beginning at daybreak in Taipei and Hong Kong on Tuesday, October 26, and moving across the globe where the stunt culminates at the show’s Los Angeles premiere.

A week prior to the unprecedented global premiere of the show, AMC and FIC have planned to target one day multi-city events that will occur during morning commute peak hours. Taking direction from “The Walking Dead’s” legendary make-up artist Greg Nicotero, hundreds of zombies will consecutively take over major cities worldwide during a 24-hour period. The planned global outbreaks will center in and around the world’s major landmarks, including the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City, the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C., Big Ben in London, the Prado Museum in Madrid, the Bosphorus Bridge in Istanbul, the Acropolis in Athens and more. They will begin at daybreak in Taipei and Hong Kong, followed by Istanbul, Madrid, Munich, London, Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires, New York City and Los Angeles, among others. Attacking a total of 26 cities, each outbreak will be documented and shared with fans the world over as it happens.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/2...r-cities-worldwide-with-zombie-invasion/69527

14. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I don't know. I've seen these organized "zombie walks", and they seem pretty stupid...

15. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Does anyone know if this is based on 28 Days Later or was 28 Days Later based on the comic of The Walking Dead or is one a rip-off of the other or is there just no connection at all? The whole waking up in the hospital to a zombie apocalypse angle seems to be a bit too coincidental.

16. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Yeah too many punk-ass kids.

17. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I really do think it's just a coincedence. Neither seems "based" on the other, but yeah,they're pretty identical at first. After that though, they veer off in completely different directions. I'm deep into the comic series, and it's very good. It's like a Romero movie that just never ends.

18. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

The only thing they really have in common is the opening with the waking up in a hospital bed.

19. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

It's just a coincidence, and the Walking Dead writer commented on this when his book came out. The two properties were released so close together (Walking Dead was after) that it would be difficult for Walking Dead to have piggybacked/copied 28 Days' story. Essentially, this was the story Walking Dead wanted to tell, and the writer wasn't going to let 28 Days Later's similarities make him change it.

20. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Cool! Thanks for all the info. Can't wait to see it!

Four more days, kids! It's almost time!!!