Walking Dead TV Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

The season needed a strong opening, and that was fucking great! Best episode yet IMO, can't wait for uncensored Negan which should put it that much more over the top. Yeah it was a bit silly taking Rick out on the ride, but he had to be broken like those skulls. I was actually shocked at how far they went showing the beatings and results there-of, but loved it. Welcome back best show on TV!

Harry Warden likes this.
  2. Dave

Dave Pimp

Take the bickering elsewhere, please. Use ignore if you have a problem with someone. Thanks.

Workshed likes this.
  3. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

It is by nature a soap opera, it has to be.

I'm glad it got such a heated reaction. If I want easy I'll watch Everyone Loves Raymond re-runs.

4. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

How revolutionary!

One person's filler is what the other person expected to see all along having watched the previous seasons in full.

Some people mistake filler for repetitive storytelling. A show where a girl keeps dating the same guy even though the result is that he always breaks her heart is not really filler compared to a show where a family / group of people are trying to make it through life, then suddenly they're being visited by the spirits of Christmas past, present, and future. Or you suddenly hear The Twilight Zone theme music and everyone freezes in-place, etc. Or, the episode that acts as a pilot for a hopeful spin-off. Or the clip show episode.

5. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

baggio likes this.
  6. Harry Warden

Another good episode last night. I've have to honestly say that I've really come to respect the work of Melissa McBride as an actress. Her performance in the latest episode was outstanding. Carol is by far one of the more interesting characters on the show and she has a lot of depth to her character. Enjoyed this last episode and it was a nice "breather" from the season premiere.

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I dunno - I was a little skeptical last night with the introduction of...

King Whosits with all the Shakespearean lingo. I was thinking we may have just jumped the shark.

However, once he sat down with Carol and became genuine I liked it a lot better.

8. Harry Warden

Yeah, I admit it was a bit strange at first, but I like how the story came around.

9. Harry Warden

10. Harry Warden

11. Harry Warden

Anthropophagus and Dobby like this.
  12. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Based on the slew of viewers on the official WD Facebook page disparaging the show for its sluggish pace and multiple unengaging tangents this season I would say that the end might very well be at hand.
    I know Season 8 is a done deal.
    We've pretty much lost interest personally. Never was a fanatical follower anyway, though admittedly it was an entertaining and fun show for a time.

Harry Warden likes this.
  13. Harry Warden

Last night's show was boring as shit. It was painful. Like watching paint dry. I still like the show and I still watch it, but I really dislike Negan as a character. For me, the fact that so many people have fallen behind this dude and the aspect that nobody would attempt to take him out is simply ridiculous. Don't know how the comic book went, but I think you might be right. It's starting to lose it's steam a bit.

baggio, burieddeep and Anthropophagus like this.
  14. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Yes, the momentum has been compromised this season but that was bound to happen when you break up the Alexandria crew. They killed off major characters and minimized Daryl to a secondary character, one of the most charismatic actors on the show.
    Ezekiel showed promise but needs to be developed more. Last night's episode on Tara was sleep inducing and very boring indeed, I was actually hoping for the worst outcome for her character by the conclusion.
    Despite the ratings drop, it is still a ratings giant. They need to really do something to pick up the pace. This influx of secondary characters brings to mind an analogy with 'Happy Days' when they dispensed with the original chemistry in favor of Joanie, Chachi, Jenny Piccolo and Coach, by then it was a whole load of 'Who Gives A Fuck!?!'. Lol.
    The Negan thing is also a little nonsensical to me, but look at cult like figures such as Jim Jones, David Koresh, and Roch Theriault. History has shown that desperate people will make Gods of just about any authority figure in desperate times.

Harry Warden likes this.
  15. Harry Warden

Who the fuck am I kidding? I know I will watch it until the bitter end. :D Jim Jones, David Koresh, Charles Manson, Adolph Hitler - History always seems to repeat itself.

Anthropophagus likes this.
  16. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

WTF happened to this season? The season premier was terrific.

17. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

Maybe this will be a kick to pants for the writers. I love the show, but have even fallen two weeks behind.

Harry Warden and Anthropophagus like this.
  18. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Ive been prety much fine with this season, in fact yesterdays episode was my favourite of the season so far

19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

The show over the years had plenty of episodes where it dragged, so this should not be new to anybody. I think one big part of the ratings drop is that now the initial "Negan" episode is over, he's not scary anymore. And it's more apparent to the viewer that he could be taken out at any moment.

Plus he has two main "henchmen" that are basically doing a Negan impersonation. Especially that episode last week. Again same thing. Could be taken out at any moment. And yes I get the scene where Negan claims we are all Negan, when he goes around and asked everybody who their name was. But that doesn't excuse the guy with mustache channeling Negan. It just wasn't working for me.

Another theory could be did we underestimate the ratings pull of the two fallen characters from the first episode? Anything is possible but I highly doubt it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  20. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Oof, this week's episode. What a strange decision to follow Tara, a sidekick at best. While I like the idea of focusing on a fringe character, the actress could not carry the episode, nor could her character support enough interest. There's just not enough 'to' Tara.

I think I get what they are trying to do this season:

With Rick telling everyone that they 'don't have the numbers' to defeat Negan, the show is giving us glimpses at the fringe settlements that will eventually band together to fight against the Saviors, thus providing Rick with his 'numbers.'

But getting there still has to be interesting. The last episode was a big misstep in a worthwhile direction.