Walking Dead TV Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Jun 2, 2010.

1. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

I did read an article where they confirmed that the war between Rick's group and the Saviors will be resolved by the end of this season. I was kind of happy to read that because I really thought they were gonna drag it through a few seasons.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

It did get dragged through at least 3 seasons.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Good lord this current season is so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anthropophagus likes this.
  4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I'll be honest: with Mindhunter and Stranger things S2, I'm all full with horror TV shows. I'll get to this season at a later date.

5. Dave

Dave Pimp

Stopped watching TWD. Love Kirkman and adored the comic. I'll catch up with the comic eventually but pretty sure I'm done with the show. I feel like all you really have to watch is the first and last episode.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Hey Dave, where have you been?

7. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I agree, so boring.

8. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I managed to get through the first two episodes of the new season, but I think I'm officially done.

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I didn’t watch any of last season until it came onto Netflix and I watched the first episode extremely drunk and late at night. I then watch the second episode a few weeks later. I haven’t much felt the desire to watch the third since.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

After Sunday's episode, it's official.

The Walking Dead characters (good or bad) have worst accuracy than the A-Team.

[​IMG]

Copyboy likes this.
  11. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

I expected a comment about the ridiculous number of "How is so and so going to get out of this one? Oh, that's how, a friend will show up out of nowhere in the nick of time to save the day." bullshit moments. Boredom be damned, the writers are just phoning it in now. Although I can't blame them completely - Kirkman dished out his share in the source material.

Sunday was just a low point in the trend, the rescue from nowhere play book straight out of 60s-70s network television. I expected the episode to cut out with King Ezekiel (whose fat was pulled out of the fire TWICE in the episode) sprawled in the mud pit, then a cheeky voice narration and text display kicks in with "Is this the end for our heroes? Are they dead tired, or just soon to be dead? Tune in next week, same Walker time, same Walker channel!"

At this clip we'll soon look back at Glen's duck the dumpster moment with fond memories of how believable it was in comparison.

12. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

The moment with Shiva was both badly executed and a complete anti-climax.
    There is only so far one can take suspension of disbelief.

Copyboy likes this.
  13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You forgot the smashing of a chain lock with a battle axe over and over, and then just so smoothly a key opens the perfectly intact lock? :D

But I think what truly takes the cake are the Talking Dead episodes after the Walking Dead. They used to be interesting, but instead you now have disgusting fawning & lapping of said show by Chris Hardwick & various celebrity fans. It's like, is this friggn guy watching the same show as I just watched? Chris, it's just a silly little show. Get a hold of yourself.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Anthropophagus likes this.
  14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It's funny how everyone was so excited about Negan when he was first introduced, and he essentially ran this show into the ground.

Bring back the zombies!

Copyboy and baggio like this.
  15. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

I never saw the appeal of the after show. I'll waste an hour watching a show, I won't waste an hour watching fans gush over it. If the show is really good I'll consider watching creator commentary or notable behind the scenes. But there's never been ample amounts of that, just sparse tidbits. Like a plate of half chewed kibble pieces from the bottom of the dog bowl when you expected a grilled hamburger for supper.

Hardwick has a fair gift of gab, but mainly its just him wearing the tread out of a ridiculously over-extended 15 minutes of fame. He's savvy to know his shelf life should have already expired, so he's milking it while he can for all its worth, on as many venues as possible, with crap all concern about the quality of what is being presented. Just keep the checks rolling in before the public inevitably gets bored listening to him.

16. Dave

Dave Pimp

Negan could have been great if they didnt drag it out so long.

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I kept seeing articles in my newsfeed about how Walking Dead just delivered it's best episode in ages, but having just watched it, all I saw was more of Negan boring the shit out of everyone?

I feel like Negan's real victim is this show, not Glen. Steven Yeun was lucky to get out when he did, as the show pretty much died with him.

Copyboy, sinister and baggio like this.
  18. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Praise Jesus for you people! Week after week I go into work on Monday morning to have one of my co-workers try and convince me how amazing the previous night's episode was while I yawn in boredom. He's pretty much at the point now where it's his mission to convert me into his cult. Carol, Daryl and Michone are the only characters I care about anymore. The rest can get blown up, shot, eaten, whatever and I wouldn't care. And the babies all need to go. Fucking Judith never should have been born. She should have been eaten along with her annoying mother. I really don't know why I continue to watch week after week, season after season. I guess I'm hoping it will go back to being a zombie show instead a bunch of rejects from Dr. Phil sitting around talking about their feelings in between shoot outs with each other.

Anthropophagus, baggio and sinister like this.