Walking Dead TV Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Jun 2, 2010.

1. TheShape

TheShape Member

I don't recall any zombie film with characters using that technique too. This was a scene that was both funny, tense and scary at the same time.

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Watched the second episode last night and thought it was great. Don't know what people are complaining about it, but I can't wait for episode 3! And I agree, the scene where they were walking amongst the dead was tense as hell and something that I have never seen done before.

3. blackeye

blackeye New Member

this happened in House of the Dead 2

4. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Finally got around to watching the first two episodes (my DVR is way backed up!) and enjoyed them quite a bit. Looking forward to future episodes.

5. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Same here! I watched it on Video on Demand and it was amazing!

Also, as people here already pointed out, this series is based on a comic which was released long before other movies started the copy the comic.

6. Spit

Spit Active Member

Ha! So I was digging though my comic book collection last night and found I have an issue 1, 7 and 13 first printing in mint condition. I love this show because my issue 1 alone is now worth like 200 bucks on ebay! Honestly I wasn't that big of a fan of the comic, thats why they are mint, I read it once and put it away. So my question is should I sell now or hold on to it for longer?

An the other kids laughed when I collected comics in high school....

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Hard to say. My first suggestion is to hold on to #1, because they'll always go up in value. But then, The Walking Dead is never gonna be Superman or Spiderman. It will likely hit a level and stay there. Or it might even be peaking now. But it might be worth waiting. If the show sustains it's interest, gets Emmy nominations, that's when the value could peak.

8. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Demand always plays into this stuff. Back in the mid-90's there were books like the first Spawn that were worth a lot more than they are now. I also have a 9.4 rated Uncanny X-Men 266 (first appearance of Gambit) and it's been stalled at about $70 for years. Not that I'm looking to sell it, it's among my favorite collectibles that I own, got it one of those "comic starter packs" they used to sell in JCPenny and Sears Christmas catalogs.

As for the first Walking Dead, if you're interested in selling it, it'd be in your best interest to send it to CGC for grading. If it's truly in mint condition, you may be in for a treat: a 9.9 rated copy sold last week on eBay for $1800 :D

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/blo...ing-Dead-1-CGC-99-Clears-241800-on-eBay!.aspx

9. Spit

Spit Active Member

Holy Crap! I may have just won the comic book lottery. Thanks KamuiX I didnt even think to get them graded, I certainly will.

10. Ninjalo

Ninjalo New Member

Sell now!!! Walking Dead is at its peak and will eventually go down in value. It is a great book, and I love it, but it is not an investment type book like Marvel or DC silver age stuff which will go no where but up.

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yeah, screw what I said. If you can get $1800 for it, cash it in!

12. Ninjalo

Ninjalo New Member

Remember that the $1800 was cgc graded comic at a grade of 9.9, which is really hard to get. Ungraded the comic usually goes for around $350 on e-bay, which is nothing to sneaze at :)

13. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I'd still say it's worth getting graded...he says it looks mint and even if it's only around a 9.4, having it graded will ensure getting MORE than it's worth. Just saying it's mint will probably only net him a few hundred, and that's not a safe bet. I guarantee if he gets it graded he'll make extra due to the popularity right now. Sure, it's gonna cost around $50 to get it done, but he'll make that back no problem.

14. j tea

j tea New Member

The show was really good tonight. Definitely far less horror than the previous two but I am glad to see that I still enjoy it just for the character drama.

15. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Yup, I was bummed when it ended- I was definitely ready for more. I'm not bowled over or anything, but this is still a very enjoyable series. Every time I find myself criticizing it I think "Holy crap, we've got a zombie series!". Who would have thunk it?

16. j tea

j tea New Member

With Michael Rooker on it! Yeah, I don't think it is a game changer for television drama or anything, but it is good genre fun.

17. Dave

Dave Pimp

Image is rereleasing the first 50 WD comics EVERY week of next year. So 1-50 or 1-52 or whatever. Most people think that is going to drive down the resale value of the originals. Not sure if it will or not. I mean, an original #1 is an original #1. There are already lots of reprints of #1.

I'm generally not a stickler for first edition so I'm more than happy to pickup reprints. Now I may pickup a first edition for sentimental reasons (I'd like to pickup King's first edition of Gunslinger) but otherwise I don't care.

18. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Sell them now while it's hot! Once the TV show levels off they go back to being worth 50 cents.

19. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Oh yeah, sell it now. The comic collector's market is in the toilet and is a miracle to have a modern comic worth so much, it will tank again. That's a promise.

20. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

If the existing trade paperbacks / hard covers haven't already, then nothing will. Usually that does in the value of original issues more than anything else, and that point has already happened.