Warner Archives thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Paff, Aug 17, 2009.

1. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I just ordered this (and Reckless) tonight, I have always wanted to see it, and I ran across a coupon for 20% off. So I figured for $12 I would go for it, I remember when this VHS tape used to fetch $200+ on ebay back in the late 90s. These will be my first archive purchases.

2. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I remember seeing that when it first aired on TV and always wanted to check it out again. I seem to remember the killing scenes actually being kind of creepy. The victim's face would start exuding smoke and there was eerie groaning involved. Or something like that. C'mon, it was over 30 years ago...

Hey, where did you find the 20% off coupon?

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Or, if you've signed up (free) for Warner Insider Rewards, you'll automatically get 25% off the normal Archive DVD prices.

5. Darga

Thanks! Maybe I will be picking up that From Hell It Came archive DVD after all.

6. promnight13

promnight13 New Member

Still waiting impartiently for Night School, Two on a Guillotine, Deadly Eyes, The Pack and The Awakening to be released. At least they released the campy Lace with Phoebe Cates LOL!

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I really want The Rack and Until They Sail, two Paul Newman films. Love With the Proper Stranger with Natalie Wood and Steve McQueen would be nice as well. But hey, at least they've released Soldier in the Rain with McQueen. That was pretty sick.

~Matt

8. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Do any of you know why was I charged TAX? I only pay TAX when items are being shipped from within my own state. I've ordered from various sites online before & was not charged TAX. From the FAQ I read all DVD orders are shipped from the east coast? So wtf gives people why was I charged TAX? I'm not angry just puzzled, hopefully someone here will answer.

9. Katatonia

It's listed on their website here:

No reason given as to why it's only select states however. I would guess they do some type of actual business within those states and are thus required to collect tax by law.

10. Darga

Hey Vlachio, did you get that The Possessed DVD? Please let us know how it is.

11. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Thank you for the info much appreciated. I still think it's BS to charge me tax. They never sent me my Shipping Confirmation & Tracking info either. However on they're website my order says shipped. :hum:

It was shipped via (ground) 4 to 7 says. Hopefully that means UPS & not USPS. I'll let ya know how the movie is when I receive it. Hopefully my $70+ order does not arrive in some cheap non padded envelope. :rolleyes:

12. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Yeah, they only ship (at least in the states) via UPS. I got my order in today.

13. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Oh sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet I heart UPS. Now I feel super knowing my order will arrive safely to me! Hopefully they leave it at my door nobody is ever home. I'm sure I'll be at work when they drop it off. Happy happy joy joy oi! :banana:

14. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Please report back on Reckless. I suppose I'm going to buy it anyway but I'm just curious about the picture quality.

15. Katatonia

If it's just a single DVD or Blu-ray, they've usually shipped to me by 1st Class USPS. Larger orders have always come from UPS though.

16. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Will do, I am probably gonna watch it tom'w night when I get out of work. I am spinning Bermuda Depths tonight.

17. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Well I got The Possessed DVD along with several others in the mail today. I was going to post screen caps but my PC DVD player will not load it up. Even the back of the DVD case says it will not play on dvd roms or dvd recorders??? HOLY BATMAN DIARRHEA SHIT PIE HOLE!? Anyway It plays fine on everything else though. As far as the transfer goes there is tons of grain, so much so that I can't tell if it's interlaced or not. However the sound was surprisingly clear & the print looked decent at times. The movie itself is nowhere near as good as Bad Ronald or Don't be afraid of the dark. The film has more plot holes then 2 holes 1 girl. Truth be told it's a bad movie & I do mean bad! It's corny & the acting is laughable. With that said I fucking loved it the movie was pure cheese. Still if your into rare obscure made for TV movies from this 70's you will love it. Other wise run way & keep your ass checks closed. :gay:

For those of you that can't make up your mind. If you want to watch the movie itself. Then just go here & stream the first 5 min for free. http://hollowvision.com/media-2/the-possessed-1977/
    There is a Web Player Beta that allows you to watch the entire film.

PS. My order arrived in a fucking box OMFG! :blabla:

18. Katatonia

I've surprisingly never had a problem playing them on my PC's DVD drives. I only own four Archive DVD-R's thus far, but they always loaded right up on my computer.

:lol: That's a new one with Warner. Usually they always shove 'em in large bubble mailers to float around during shipping.

19. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
  20. Darga

Thanks for the tip- I just picked up From Hell It Came and Bad Ronald. Of course neither one was in stock but I'm in no rush.