Wax Museum

Discussion in 'Classic' started by dwatts, Apr 6, 2004.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I have the WB DVD, with both the 1930's version, and the Vincent Price film. The Price movie gets top billing, and I wanted it pretty bad.

Imagine my surprise though, when I found the 1930's version with Fay Wray to be far superior to the Price movie. Not to take anything away from the Price film, but I just find the earlier version to be more frightening, more exciting, and with a better presentation. The early technicolor process adds a lot to the film too.

I've watched this DVD four times now. Once for Price, and three times for Wray. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm so glad they added the early version to the release.

2. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

I just bought this a while back but have yet to see Museum. I'll have to check that side of the disc out.

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Do it man. I used to think Price's version was great, now I think it's just really really really good ;)

4. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I watched the 30's version a day or two ago and well i enjoyed it alot i like the Price version just a bit more. Both are good movies but i enjoy the remake more becuase it includes Price and Bronson whome i love.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Yeah, Price ia always worth the cost of entry. However, those wonderful street scenes in the original are probably what wins it over for me. Fay Wray is excellent and sassy, and the demasking is better in the original. Nice to have a disc with both, huh!

6. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I agree that the demasking is better in the original. And it is nice that it was included on the disc becuase Warner could have easily choose not to have it on which would have been a shame.