WB Redoing Creepshow

Discussion in 'General' started by Agent Z, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

2. Luna

Luna Guest

Yes, connecting the stories will make this remake so much better, I'm sure. :sleepy:

3. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Damn. I was thinking that this was a new SE DVD of the original. Now that is something I can use. In stead of a remake, why not just do some more new stories.

4. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Because then they'd have to think them up. Film people seem to hate coming up with original ideas/stories these days. Easier to just remake the existing stories.

5. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Pass the barf bag...

Remaking the same stories? A linking device for the stories? There was one for the original. It was the ashtray. ;) Couldn't they just adapt some more of King's stuff? There's plenty of material from Night Shift, Skeleton Crew, Everything's Eventual, etc.

6. I don't get it!....WTF is the point? and doesn't another company have the rights to Creepshow right now? Or can they just remake theirs without any concern over the Creepshow 3 makers?

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Intertwining the stories doesn't make any sense, doesn't pretty much everybody die at the end of each short? It's that really the point of doing EC horror? Everyone dies? They're completely destroying the story archs of the stories.

On the plus side this might mean we'll finally get a SE of the original Creepshow. They'll probably just reissue it with a new case, but I can still hope.

8. rijir

rijir Member

Someone from a studio must think no one ever saw Cat's Eye. Now it will be like two remakes in one!! Oh JOY!!

Just a matter of time before we see a remake of Grumpy Old Men with an all teen cast.

9. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Same here. :(

10. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

You mean Hollywood people. Real film makers have original ideas, it is just harder then ever to get an original idea going or started because Hollywood and all it's conglomerates who own every single major media outlet blacklist and step on the true independent filmmaker trying to break the mold.

11. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

More crap. What can you really expect these days? I'd love to see a new horrro anthology film in theaters that isn't a remake, but obviously that won't be happening. Like everyone else has said though, at least we may finally get a SE of the original classic.

12. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

If it means an SE of the original, I'm all for it. But the remake had better have an Ed Harris disco scene! :mad:

13. Dilmo

Dilmo Guest

This REALLY sucks! :fucked:

14. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Reading the article, it doesn't say that the original stories are being reused. I'm pretty confident that we'll see new stories.

I'm actually looking forward to a new Creepshow.

15. Better yet, since they are connecting the stories and characters (ala GO), maybe we'll see a Jordy Verrill disco scene. :D :fucked:

16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Or maybe Ed Harris will play Jordy Verrill! :lol: :lol:

17. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

It might be kind of cool if they made a "Creepshow 2006" or something and adapt four or five short stories from different authors.

Maybe, oh, say, "His Mouth Will Taste of Wormwood" by Poppy Z. Brite, "In the Hills, the Cities" by Clive Barker, "The Frolic" by Thomas Ligotti, and "The Night they Missed the Horror Show" by Joe Lansdale. Tie them all together again like an old EC Comic.

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i wish WB would release a special edition of the original

also this will probably be better than creepshow 3 and will be cool if it is new stories

19. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I'm feeling ok with it as long as they keep King stories. It's been so long since we've had a quality anthology, and I think they could do it with this material.

... But then there's the tying in shit which will surely ruin everything.

20. Korngold

Korngold New Member

I fully support this idea, however, there is another movie just begging to be remade. I mean is anyone going to remake the 2003 version of the texas chainsaw massacre? Must we suffer with only one remake of this horror classic? It's just ahead of Dawn of the Dead as needing another remake. :rolleyes: