What are some of your rare buys / finds?

Discussion in 'Laserdisc' started by Dave, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

I used to have the laserdisc up until about a year ago......then I sold it in a bundle with three other NOES films. It was a fairly short (20-30 minutes) one-sided CAV disc. The program itself was a pretty interesting behind-the-scenes/promo for THE DREAM MASTER. The special mainly went into the special effects/make-up work used throughout the film....including the finale. So, for those who haven't seen the film yet, it would probably be better to watch the "The Making of a Nightmare" AFTER the main attraction.

2. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I purchased all my LDs (except 2) back in the '90s when they were new.

A friend gave me a sealed copy of Zombie a few years ago, which was a wonderful surprise.

I recently picked up the Doctor Who tale Day of the Daleks on LD as it's not available on DVD (yet).

Not sure if any of my LDs are rare. I have various box sets and the Criterion Blade Runner double-disc. Had to swap 3 sets before I found one that was okay, though!
    :(

3. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

BLADE RUNNER

Hello :)

I have the CLV LaserDisc of the Criterion release of BLADE RUNNER and it is my favorite version of the film. Although I find it "interesting" to watch I really am not a fan of the so-called director's cut. I really wish someone would release a DVD of the version Criterion released on LaserDisc.

I actually know a guy who has worked for Criterion for a couple or so years now and he said they no longer own the copyright and said they can't ever do a DVD of it since Warner now owns it.

He told me it was the best all time selling LaserDisc for Criterion.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

4. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Hi, FulciZombieFan.
    There's a 4 disc (!:eek: ) collector's set of Blade Runner in the works. It will have the original US theater version, the European (Criterion) version and the Director's Cut plus a new version (I believe). I haven't read about this movie in ages but I'm sure this is still in development and that Ridley Scott was heavily involved. I'm waiting patiently.

Channel 4 showed an excellent documentry by Mark Kermode a few years back. It contained cut scenes like the Holden hospital scene complete with sound...it was a revelation.

I'd guess that the documentary will be part of the package (like Kermode's Fear of God documentary on the Exorcist DVD).

5. Aceman

Aceman Guest

I just got "Scarecrows" on LD :banana:
    Is this ever going to come out on DVD in Region 1???
    least I can dump my old VHS copy:D

"Man....you come right out of a comic book!"

6. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

Great News!

SUPER Great news!
    I hope this does happen.
    I remember reading a HUGE article in VIDEO WATCHDOG years ago that compared all the difference versions etc. and they did mention that hospital scene you mentioned. I enjoyed the FEAR OF GOD documentary so it would be nice to see the one done on BLADE RUNNER.

Like I said hope this happens :)

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I believe there is also a workprint they're thinking about tossing on the SE Blade Runner release as well.

I saw the DC a week ago and it was kick ass, a really great film but I've held off on buying the DVD for this very release.

8. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

4 disc set of Blade Runner? That's the first I've heard of this, jeez! that's a must have for sure. Now the waiting starts...