What Country's Horror Films Do You Have the Hardest Time Enjoying?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jan 16, 2010.

?

What Country's Horror Films Do You Have the Hardest Time Enjoying?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2010.
  1. American

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Canadian

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. Italian

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. French

10 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. Japanese

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
  6. Spanish

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. Australian

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. British

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. German

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  10. Indian

33 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Purana Mandir...although be aware, since it's Bollywood, there's some singing and dancing. You can just fast-forward though, it's not a deal-breaker. Plus it adds to the surrealism of it all.

2. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

I couldn't agree with you more kilt I mean killit not clit blaaaaaaaaaah you know what I meant!

Oh yeah & for me it's hands down Japanese! I love Battle Royal, The Grudge, The Ring. However when to comes to the rest zzzzZZZZZZ. :sleepy:

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I just don't enjoy hearing the language, period. Everyone probably finds at least one language in the world annoying, and for me it happens to be French.

4. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

British for me. There are some GREAT films like Girly, and some of the Hammer flicks, but in general, the annoying accents drive me up the wall. While everyone was enjoying Shaun of the Dead, I was banging my head against the wall cuz of the Brit humor. It feels like the air is sucked out of life. Ever watch Coronation Street? Who would want to move to the UK after watching life unfold there? lmao XD

I'm not trying to be a douche, but...for me, I just can't get into it.

5. NightAndFog

NightAndFog New Member

It saddens me to say it, but Spanish cinema is the worst piece of crap ever.Horror or otherwise.It makes me sad bcause I live in South America!
    French horror films have been cool but nowadays the spark is beginning to fade.I have not seen any worthwhile title since Martyrs came out.
    American horror movies r the best acted and filmed, with great pacing (unlike asian flicks) and I think even when doing remakes they got'em right.

6. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Can't get into Indian films. I just can't.

7. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I'd agree with this. It is a great summary as to why I always gravitate toward Eurohorror. Part of being swept away to a different place by watching a film is helped by the film being literally shot somewhere different from what I am used to, visually.

Glad someone mentioned Mexico. I need to check out more films from there. I think the landscape will also provide a neat visual backdrop.

The French language never bothered me at all. Further, I agree with Matt89 that it is unfortunate that we are not systematically pushed to learn French more in Canada as it is our other national language.

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Japanese. There are so few Japanese films that do anything for me!!

9. Criswell

Criswell New Member

Japanese for sure.

The J horror craze mystifies me. They all seem to be the same basic film........and all nonsensical.......almost like they make them up as they go along.

10. Dave

Dave Pimp

Japanese for me as well. As for the two people who voted for Italian, I have since deleted their accounts from the site...

11. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

lol, good! :banana: :p

And I don't know what y'all mean about nonsensical Japanese horror films. >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN0HVJ5tkIM

12. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Japanese for sure. Just too slowly paced, and most of it just doesn't resonate for me. The first time I saw RINGU I enjoyed it, but too many of the films seem to go over the same things. From reading articles about the films it sounds like they do trigger a lot of things for people in the culture, but it doesn't mean a whole lot to me as a viewer.

I've enjoyed some of the films from the other Asian countries more, so it is definitely Japanese in particular for me that I have a hard time with.

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Japanese. At least most of the current stuff over the last 2 decades I just can't really get into it. There are a few exceptions, but overall current Japanese horror cinema just doesn't keep my attention or draws me in.

14. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I went Japanese and Indian is a very close second. I find it just too hard to take seriously. Horror just doesn't seem to mix well for these guys. Sometimes British can be a little rough too with the heavy accents espcially if you get those older ones that are just really slow and boring overall - those are like big sleeping pills. "Ello ello - what's all this then?".

15. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

:eek: thats not a dig at hammer and amicus, is it?

16. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

:lol: Some I love, but there are some I just can't take. Tea and crumpets anyone?

17. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

FRENCH! FRENCH! FRENCH! FRENCH!

And by the way - I'm half-French and my last name screams it. I have not seen one piece of filmmaking come from that country that I could possibly defend in the slightest. And I'm including Eyes Without a Face, which almost put me to sleep. The bonus features on the DVD were more interesting than the movie. Mostly - I'm sick of their bullshit new-millennium "gritty" style and all this torture shit and the rape movies and the sexual perversion schlock. I'm starting to understand why people hate France so much, which I never understood before. I love the plots of these movies too. Everyone is kidnapped and tortured and raped and laments inner madness before Christmas before executing bloody revenges before being sexually mutilated or are expected to breed for others. It's silly how little these films' stories differ from each other. And how, despite their adult topics, boring their characters are and how juvenile the story progressions are and how predictable it all is. Throw in some college bimbos and skanky people smoking a lot... And to think as a kid, I used to think other countries were more sophisticated than America. Or, at least- as sophisticated. Have we corrupted them or have they corrupted us? I suppose it's come full circle by now, since they kinda started the trends American dipshits have been following so closely.

18. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

:eek::cry:

19. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Sometimes I wonder if you even like horror films. You know Horror actually made a strong comeback over the last ten year. It's too bad you missed it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  20. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Gonna say Japaneese, tho indian was a close second......