What do you want on a NEW Friday the 13th Box set?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Feb 9, 2009.

1. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

i was looking at that boxset "The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration"
    and Paramount produced over 90 mins of new extras (one Disc 4), the on disc 5 they keep all of the extras from the previous boxset, so hopefully that will happen for F13th.

It's Comparison #2

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

One thing I would like, but I'll still buy it even if they don't have this, is the original box art. Be it on those really slim individual cases or just 8 lobby card replicas, that would be sweet, but yeah, not a necessity.

3. YES indeed, Grim.

I shall also buy this Deluxe Edition boxset, but please, use the ORIGINAL FANTASTIC NORTH AMERICAN COVER-ART indeed! :D Please of please, Cashamount (oops, ment Paramount as we say on the official site's Blogs :rolleyes:). It's no big deal to use the original cover-art I 'm sure. Hell they own everything about the first eight films in the franchise cannon.

Also, please oh please give each film it's own case (again this isn't asking much) and no more of that "two films to a disc" shit from the disappointing '04boxset we all got. And please NO CARDBOARD cheap shit as well. Just use collectible metal tins or of course plastic cases that we can dust off easily.

Hmm I'm liking the lobbey card idea, but yeah I know, not nessascary. Ah well ...

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I can confirm that, for the Blu-ray set at least...even all the easter eggs are intact from the previous Godfather box set.

Paramount seems to be one of the better studios at porting over many of the extras from previous releases, so there is hope. That's more than I can say for Universal, Warner, 20th Century Fox, etc... :eek2:

5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Warner, really? Warner's not that bad, actually they pretty much carry everything over from DVD to blu. I can't think of a situation where they haven't. (However, the lack of HD features on many of their blu-rays is rather annoying). But who would've guessed Paramount of all studios would be one of the best companies when it comes to porting over extras? Fox has gotten much better (with releases like The Omen and The Day The Earth Stood Still - perfect upgrades) and MGM is starting to get better, much better. Universal is fucking terrible, though. Their releases are so hit and miss with that stupid BD-Live shit. A blu-ray release of Jaws actually worries me...(It's one of the few releases where I'd really care about extras. The Jaws Making-of doc is fantastic.)

~Matt

6. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Well then hopefully we might get everything from the old box set...

25 signatures

7. I hope so. I know I want things like the cast reunion commentary from the Part 3 (fromt he Part 3/Final Chapter disc) to be on there, ect. I already got it but even still, that is a very special thing for us early Friday lovers that should be ported over as it won't eat up too much space on the disc. I feel simply things like that aren't too much to ask ...

8. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

What would I like on a new boxset?

A handwritten apology for the remake and a sworn contract that they will stop remaking horror films...signed by every single member of the Platinum Dunes crew. :)

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Some of the Clint Eastwood Blu-rays (The Gauntlet for one) are missing the simplest things, like the theatrical trailers from the old releases. Warner seems to be experts at that, i.e. Poltergeist.

10. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Oh that's right, touché. Forgot about Poltergeist as well. Shit, what a wasted opportunity.

~Matt

11. Enutz666

Enutz666 Member

All I would want were great uncut transfers for each film with orginal artwork as for extras with the Crystal Lake Memories book, His Name is Jason 2disc DVD, The extras disc from the original box set & the extras on the new discs I think I have more then enough info on these films then they actually deserve.

12. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i hope it doesn't take too long before they announce the full specs

13. horror101

horror101 Guest

They had couple guys who worked on the His Name Was Jason Documentary recently in the Paramount vaults and i heard they found a bunch of Deleted/Alternate scenes and the long lost Alternate ending to part 3.Lot of stuff for part 4 also and probably 5 and 6.

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I really want to see the Part 3 ending.

15. HOLY SHIT AND EL-FUCKO:eek1::banana:

Dude if that's true, then we'll have ourselves the HOLY GRAIL about to be uncut major Slashers, righ tup there with the reent My Bloody Valentine uncut re-issue.

I was just posting the other day on the IMDB boards on Friday V's (A New Beginning) threads about Daniel Ferrands and others sadly only having 'limited' (as he himself states) access to stuff, and if they all truely found that, then may the Horror genre God's above bless they're evil, beating hearts.:D ;)

Now if all of that is in useable condition to be put back on the remaining Deluxe Edition's about to be pressed to disc, someone break out the good wine, as the drinks are on me. :D ...

16. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Well, that's cool if it's true, but they gotta find the stuff for part 2.

2 and 5 man,

2 and 5...

I've wanted that alt. end for years though. It seems to be the way it was originally intended. That was part 3's last jump scare instead of the stupid rehash of the first one.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  17. Nature dude, we're of the almost EXACT same mind. :D

I also would LOVE to see the very underrated exercised material that Carl Fullerton did for Part 2 way back in the late fall of 1980 when it was shot, and gotta say I LOVE me some Part V (A New Beginning) as it was originally even more mean-spirited and brutal. Danny Steinmann said a grand total of over 47 seconds had to be deleted. Fuck that's a lot of grue. :eek:

Hopefully, it's all in good, useable shape *crosses fingers* ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  18. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Mine are crossed as well.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  19. Admitedly, it's the same here, as I keep telling everyone on the official Friday the 13th films.com blogs, and the Internet Movie Database boards as well.

I'm TRYING not to get my hopes up, but even as such, gotta say I am so far diggin' all of the Deluxe Edition's HD re-mastered picture transfers, and the 5.1remixes for us home theater system owners. So far, so good. The holographic covers as well. Just too bad the slid overs chould have been ALL plastic instead of like the new Silence of the Lambs I got, with the collectible holographic slip over way-to-easy-to-tear cardboard. Ah well.

But yeah, fingers are still pretty crossed here, even though I feel we should all know better from what's came from Cashamount before ...

20. horror101

horror101 Guest

Yeah even Harry Manfredini said these are gonna be the best ever and even lists some stuff for part 4 including must be something new to do with the Crispin Glover dance and more from that film.