What do you want on a NEW Friday the 13th Box set?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Feb 9, 2009.

1. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Hahaha... Do I smell a thread?

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Thread?:confused:

3. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

The most fucked up shit imaginable thread :D

4. Zombie Dude

:lol: You really think it should be covered in its own thread?

5. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Yes! I'm gonna make it a game. I'll work out the rules tomorrow. :evil:

The human mind can create wonderfully cruel and horrid things. Let's see what demons shall be raised.

6. Whoa, a bit of off-topic talking there, gentleman. All I wanted to say. ;)

Anywho, I'm glad that footage has been discovered. Parts 2 and 5 were supposed to be the most brutal of the bunch, and I bet the footage that both Carl Fullerton and the REEL EFX team put together was terrific, so kudos for Mr. Ferrands for finding it. :D

7. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Whoa!!!!! THEY FOUND PART 2's STUFF!!!???

8. Zombie Dude

This should be interesting. Well if it's a game I'll play.
    Just a little off topic.:rolleyes:

I hope they find stuff from Part 2. That film really suffers in the gore department.

9. LOL
    Nah, it's all cool. You should check out some of the more then mildly off-topic discussions I got goin' as of late (check out what I've wrote in the "Are you waiting on RZ's Halloween 2?" thread). So I'm playfully guilty.

I feel Part 2 is an underrated Slasher mini classic, though I agree: That and Parts V and VIII REALLY suffer hard in the forcefully trimmed via the MPAA gore department indeed. :(

10. Zombie Dude

Oh I've read over some of your comments in that thread. It seems most threads about Rob Zombie films go completely off topic. Most turn to rants about how bad the guy is as a director and his inability to make films. Personally I don't mind him.

Part 2 is good, don't get me wrong. It's just that when you watch it you can see where the bloodier bit should go, and it just makes me sad that they're not there. Part 5 supposedly is missing longer gore and nude scenes, and Part 7 as it is is just a mess. Part 7 really needs its juice back. Guess we have to wait and see what happens.

11. Yup, Rob Zombie threads almost always do exactly just that. Poor guy is one thread hair away from being compared to an Eli Roth, though I find Rob is much more talented then that. I also don't mind the guy, but I'm sure with my latest post I will get shit for it. Gotta agree that he doesn't desurve half of the hate he receives.

Gotta say as I did I find Part 2 a mini Slasher classic; there is an isolated atmosphere that makes it feel that the nearest road is two and a half miles out (at least), and there is a fine first look to Jason and the series best heroine. Indeed it was lacking in the gore department, sadly. Same for Part V, which wouldn've probably been the bloodiest of the bunch. I mean just look at Violet's original death sequence. :eek::D

12. Zombie Dude

I'm quite interested to see what Zombie does with H2. Hopefully it's not too dumb. I mean from what I've heard so far this should be an improvement over the remake.

What was Violet's death? Its been a while since I've seen the film.

13. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

She was cleaver chopped in the chest, it was originally between the legs, but I don't think they got to shoot that. Only that one still exists.

Sorry, I'm a little inebriated at the moment. I pretty sure that's right though.

14. Zombie Dude

No that sounds right. I remember a still like that in the Crystal Lake Memories book. Looked like a giant period to me. Cool none the less of course.

15. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Yup, that book is four feet away from me, but I don't want to get up. It's funny you mentioned the period thing because that's also what it reminded the actress of.

16. Zombie Dude

:lol:Would have been good for a laugh if they kept it. That books got some great info in it.

17. Yup, your both correct. In order to represent the '80s "let's all get in shape to save our bodies, cause America's lost it's soul" craze, she was doin' Aerobics, and the pseudo-Jason/Roy, comes in, and of course, slices her down front with the machete while she is doing stretch crunches.

If ya wanna see a pic, and are currently just a tad bit too drunk & shit faced, then no worries! ;) Simply click here http://campblood.shiversofhorror.com/index2.htm , then click on "Behind the Scenes", and on the Part V section, there is the uncensored pic of what the grisly make-up FX looked like. Too bad there was no market for "totally unrated!" as there is these days, as all of these would've been so awesome to see as such already ...
    *sigh*

18. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Yeah it doesn't make sense at all.

;)

19. Zombie Dude

Well I guess that's one thing that stays true to the Friday franchise.:rolleyes:

20. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

If I get Part II and Part VII uncut that'l make me happy :D