What Hammer Films Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Zombie Keeper, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Zombie Keeper

Zombie Keeper New Member

I'm going to buy a few hammer films next week, which are your top 3 favorite Hammer DVD's and why?

Please, only horror...

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

My favorite Hammer movies aren't out on DVD: Brides of Dracula and Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter.

See if you can get a copy of Dracula, Prince of Darkness. I kinda liked that one.

3. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

the Dracula films are a must!! and them maybe plague of the zombies and ofcourse all the Mummy and Frankinstien discs but you can never go wrong with the Dracula films:)

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I may be in the minority but I really really liked The Reptile.

5. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

6. piggwinn

piggwinn Guest

The first three Hammer discs I have gone for, are Quatermass and the Pit, The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires, and I've got The Abominable Snowman in the post as we speak. I want loads more though.

7. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Low Price Hammer

This might have been mentioned before, but the Suncoast store at my local mall is selling a bunch of Hammer DVDs for $3 and I know this is going on at Suncoasts all around. I just bought The Reptile and Plague of the Zombies. Watched Reptile tonight. Damn good little flick.

8. keith70

keith70 Guest

I don't own a single Hammer disc. Which would be one to start off with? I love vampires, but which is the best?

Also, on a non-hammer note, if any of you like b-movies, you should check out a Vampire flick called Bandh Darwaza. It's a vampire flick from India. I orderd the dvd from India Plaza after reading about it, and I love it. The movie is pretty serious, but it actually features four musical numbers!!! Weird, but the Dracula guy in the film is pretty cool. Wait until you see the giant bat with the glowing eyes. This film really needs to be discovered.