What hammer movies would you like to see on blu ray??

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Buechlers_beard, Aug 1, 2011.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

That's right, I was looking for a region free player after this was released, but couldn't justify the cost for this and a couple of other titles. I've always had this blu-ray in the back of my mind though. The movie is available in that Hammer Horror Series DVD set from Universal with seven other films. Unfortunatly, I have a feeling that it will remain in my collection for many years to come.

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Maybe Synapse can strike a deal with Anchor Bay and get their Hammer titles out on Blu. If they didn't make money off of them they shouldn't ask too much for their rights. Some money is better then none right?

As for an answer to the title of the thread, I would be happy with any Hammer horror titles, but would be especially grateful if they released the Dracula and Frankenstein series. I still need to pick up Vampire Circus, but it's so expensive here in Canada and Amazon.com's shipping prices are ridiculous now. Hopefully they have a horror sale in October and I can find it for a reasonable price. I think I picked up the Dorm that Dripped Blood for $20 which seems about right.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  3. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar situation. Vampire Circus has been constantly on my radar since it went up for pre-order. But it's never reached my price point. I refuse to go over $15 for any Blu-ray disc. And that's my absolute max--not the point where I'll automatically buy. And aside from ridiculously priced digibook releases it's rarely been a problem. But Vampire Circus has never reached the sweet spot. I think Amazon might have put it on sale for $14.99 once. But I'm still waiting for it to come down a little lower.

Price point is a big deal for me. I can't help but feel that Vampire Circus is somewhat overpriced. I understand the limited appeal of obscure cult titles. And I do what I can to support the companies that release them. But I don't understand why Shout! Factory can put out great releases of Piranha and Humanoids From The Deep without charging a premium and Synapse can't do the same for Vampire Circus.

4. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

The Quatermass series is by far my top pick. Great movies, none have been released anamorphic yet, and they've been out of print for far too long. It's crazy that the original has still never been released on disc in the US.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I picked up The Quatermass Xperiment from the company Movies Unlimited.

http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/product.asp?sku=D56803

It took about a week to get it, but I believe it's a legitimate release. The quality is also quite good.

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Probably not... Movies Unlimited has been known to look the other way, as has Amazon for that matter. Who's the distributor?

7. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

It's from a company called "Hollywood's Attic." It came out in 2009 and the UPC number is 644827185627.

8. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

QUATERMASS AND THE PIT would be a must have for me,likewise THE DEVIL RIDES OUT.

9. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Now there's what I would like to see make it to blu. It would be nice if Universal took the time to release the Hammer Horror Series on blu.

10. blu

blu New Member

I'd love to have The Plague of the Zombies on Blu-ray.