what happened to Blaster

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by crank, Aug 24, 2002.

1. crank

crank Guest

Are House of Clocks and Fiancee of Dracula both going to street on time (tomorrow)? I usually wait until a DVD is actually in stock to order it from any website. Been burned to many times with the one site I pre-ordered something from being the one that doesn't get it in for like another 2 weeks. But I'm really looking forward to both of those discs.

crank

2. Blue Holocaust

Blue Holocaust New Member

I don't know if blaster is still around...
    Anyway, I'd like to say the editions of Solange & Buio Omega (2 personal faves of mine) are fantastic. Can't wait for the upcoming titles announced in the acquisition section. Especially the giallo titles (Seven Bloodstained Orchids, Spasmo, Slaughter Hotel, My Dear Killer & above all Lizard in a Woman's Skin...)
    I'm psyched about 2019: After the Fall of New York as well.
    Anyway, everybody gave their suggestions, it certainly won't be possible for SS to make everybody happy.
    Although I'd like to suggest some titles too. I must say, I find cool that euro movies are easier to get ahold of for the company, coz euro flicks are my favorites... anyway, here we go:
    Like someone said, Sergio Martino gialli all deserve a dvd release badly (Next!, Case of the Scorpion's tail, Your Vice, All the Colors of Darkness...) they're the finest in the genre. Sergio Martino's "Island of Fishmen" aka "Screamers" would be great too!
    Another someone suggested Death Laid an Egg & Perfume of the Lady in Black... And I also think these would be highly interesting giallo titles.
    I'd also suggest other gialli like Paolo Cavara "Black Belly of the Tarantula" & Riccardo Freda's "Iguana with a Tongue of Fire" (not enough Freda dvd releases out there!)... Not only they're pretty good gialli, but they also have the coolest movie titles ever, in my opinion.
    A proper release of Anthropophagous would be awesome too, together with Absurd maybe?

However, the film that's on top of my suggestion list is: Lucio Fulci's "Seven Black Notes" aka "The Psychic"... Is that impossible to get that one or what?

And what's happening with Lucio Fulci's Zombi 2 special edition release... still happening or not?

One last thing, do Shriek Show plan to include an additional italian audio track (w/ subtitles) on any of these upcoming titles? I know most people don't care about this, but I think it's always a great option to have. For example, I prefer watching my Deep Red, Blood & Black Lace & even The Beyond dvd's in italian...

3. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I'm with Blue Holocaust... please include the Italian tracks!

4. Steve Crotte

Steve Crotte Guest

original track

Ditto!!
    It's the most important thing for me. To watch a film in its original language with eng subs.

Over in Europe EC DVD are pretty neat for that.

5. crank

crank Guest

While I will be the first to admit that the disc was incredible as far as extras, and the movie was great as well. I have to ask why the murky appearence of Two Orphan Vampires. Everything was very soft and things blured whenever there was quick and heavy motion on the screen. (Thank god this is a Rollin film, and therefore had very little motion ;)

crank