What is the rarest poster you own?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wayne Manor, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

I won a poster on eBay that seems to be from the original theatrical premiere of "The Psychotronic Man". You'd never know what the film was about by looking at the poster, though.

2. promnight13

promnight13 New Member

Hmmmm. I'd have to say my "Jack in the Box"-style 1-sheet of THE FUNHOUSE. Along with THE UNSEEN, HOMICIDAL, MOTEL HELL (Int'l version)and a custom-made poster of the infamous CAPTIVITY billboard that was yanked due to parent uproar.

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

The Slayer, The Mutilator and The Prey 1-sheets seem pretty hard to track down. I also have The Zombie's Rage (Antropophagus) and Silent Night, Deadly Night (Axe coming out of the chimney).

4. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I am not sure, but I think that the one that I had the hardest time finding was Fury of the Succubus (aka Demon Rage). I also have a really nice Bird with the Crystal Plumage that seems to be pretty uncommon.

5. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Day of the Dead poster from Turkey :)

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Japanese poster for the original Friday the 13th.

[​IMG]

~Matt

7. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

Most posters I own aren't that rare. The rarest ones are probably the 2 double-sided "Jason Goes to Hell" promo posters from the film's initial home video release.

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Member

The Mutilator one sheet took me a while to track down. Other posters I own that I don't see very often are The House By The Cemetery, The Crazies (Video), Season Of The Witch (Video), The Burning (Insert), and The Mutilator (Video). Also own some Yugoslavian posters I don't see that much. Have pics of these and a Yugo Friday The 13th Part 2 below. Can check out most of my collection here:

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o136/LW77/Posters

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  9. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I have a Pakistani poster for LADY DRAGON.I've also got a HERO one sheet signed (in Chinese) by Jet Li.

10. rhett

rhett Administrator

I've got an original 1961 one sheet for Antonioni's L'AVVENTURA in my room. That one's pretty special to me. Horror-wise, maybe my one sheet for THEY CAME FROM WITHIN...

11. killit

killit Active Member

it used to be this real gory poster for antropophagus until i gave it away with purchase of the dvd to someone on this board. now i have a rare italian of "performance" the cammel and roeg movie, the fucking frame was 300 discounted!

12. Amazonagent

Amazonagent Guest

Well I have a huge double sided (european I believe) 'Scream' poster that I got in college. Only problem is that had I known how rare the poster is I wouldn't have hung it up in my apt with push pins :-( But it still looks great!
    [​IMG]

13. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

I FINALLY found a poster for the Bigfoot slasher "Night of the Demon" - it doesn't say anything about the cast or crew on it, but I looked back through the L.A. Times microfiche and that was the image on the ad-mat that ran in the 'paper when it played theatrically in Los Angeles in December 1980.

I have the German poster for "Night of the Demon", which I suspect is even rarer, but for some reason finding the U.S. version - printed on a paper unlike any other one-sheet I have - seemed like that much more of a score. Go recession!

14. I have the original Star Wars "style D" (also known as the circus style) one sheet. I know that one is one of the rarer posters from the original Star Wars.

Horror/cult related, uhh either my Suspiria one-sheet signed by Dario Argento, Phantasm, Evil Dead, Nightmare on Elm Street, Silent Night Deadly Night (with axe), Friday the 13th (it's in mint rolled condition, from someone who used to work for the national screen service) or Escape From New York (final version with the Statue of Liberty's head on it). I'm not too sure which one of those is rarer, obviously Argento's signature makes Suspiria worth a lot more, but just based on the posters alone I'm not sure.

15. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

That is a GREAT poster! I've always loved that axe artwork! There's another F13 poster that has a bunch of animated scenes from the moive that I love. I think it's British, but I'm not sure. The only problem with it is that the biggest image on the poster is of this girl screaming and I have no idea who she's supposed to be! I'm guessing maybe the artist's wife, daughter or girlfriend as she bears no resemblance to anyone in the movie.

16. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

I've got a bunch of rare STAR WARS TRILOGY stuff, including two heavy-stock 40x60, rolled Style "A" posters that are worth a ton (one was just linen-backed and chemically-restored and will be framed above my new fireplace soon). I have the NAACP "unapproved" EMPIRE STRIKES BACK poster, etc. I have a ton of movie posters, literally HUNDREDS in tubes and boxes in my basement, but I think the rarest stuff I have is all the STAR WARS stuff. I do have an original THE EXORCIST, JAWS, JAWS II (both the regular and the "Sharkfacts" one) and even a beautiful original THE HAUNTING (1963) and the "Christmas Present" version of THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN.

17. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Probably my Opera poster. Though it's got a tear at the bottom because my young ass didn't know how to take care of things when I got it back in 2002.

18. cjg

cjg Active Member

Return Of Count Yorga

19. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    KILLBOTS, SAVAGE WEEKEND, ALIEN CONTAMINATION, FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 New York bus stop poster (figure w/axe art)

20. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I have an original (albeit a bit tattered) print of a Halloween III: Season of the Witch poster.