What is this film?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by RichardHaines, Oct 16, 2004.

1. I've tracked down most of the films I saw as a kid but there is still
    one that has eluded me. It might not be an American film but an
    Italian, Mexican or Spanish horror flick. I saw it circa 1967. The last scene
    took place in a torture dungeon and showed the burning body of
    a corpse in some type of coffin or torture device. The film was in color, possibly in scope. It wasn't a Corman film. I saw it before the second film in the double bill, "Stop the World I Want to Get Off". Anyone know what this movie might be based on the final scene which left an impression in my mind?

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Black Sunday?

3. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Exactly what I was thinking!

4. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I'm pretty sure Black Sunday is black and white.

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Oh... didn't read the part where it said "color". ;)

6. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Maybe we watched the colorized version of it??

7. James

James Guest

It could be another Mario Bava film: "The Whip and The Body" from 1965. There is a burning corpse in a coffin. There are no 'torture dungeons', but S&M is a theme of the film...

8. James

James Guest

Why does it say Screamy Bopper below my name?!!!

9. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

because you have only two posts. you sir, are a screamy bopper.

it used to be 500 posts before you could change your status. Not sure what it is now.

10. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

You become a victim at 50 posts and a stalker at 150.I have been running off for less then a month and brought my posts up around 250.Nobody pays any attention though. ;)

11. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Raising your post count isn't a reason to post fluff... I'm smart enough to realize this although a lot of people think that's why I post so much. :D

12. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Well, I seem to remember something like that from Bava's Baron Blood as well...

13. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Mostly bordom and lack of ebay sales for me.Some of the discussions are fun too.

14. Thanks. I saw a Technicolor Italian print of the "Whip" film so that wasn't it. Never saw Baron Blood so I'll check that out. It's the one of the few movies I haven't been able to identify and re-screen from my childhood.

I recently was able to track down bootlegs (VHS, DVD) of those bizarre K. Gordon Murray Mexican fairy tales. Just as weird as I recall on the large screens of the sixties. It made the horrid costumes more grotesque. I even found VHS copies of the original Spanish language versions which are quite different.

I also found a copy of the best of the "Sons of Hercules" series I saw on the tube, "Medusa vs. Sons of Hercules". I'm still trying to indentify the sword and sandal film that had Hercules (or Matiste or some other
    character) being put to an usual test. The guy is holding a huge slab of stone and there are spikes on the bottom. His friends (one of them was black I believe) chained to the ground. They keep putting more boulders on top of the one he's holding. If he doesn't lift it up, his friends will get spiked. Of course he finally does lift it up and save the other two. Anyone know which one this is? It might be one of the "Sons of Hercules" series or some other one from the era.