What is your Alll-Time #1 Favorite Slasher Film??

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Dec 3, 2008.

1. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

What is your All-Time #1 Favorite Slasher Film??

yeah what is your fave slasher film of all time??

mine is Sleepaway Camp. it is my all time favorite slasher film! its so bizzare, has some creepy moments, the cheesy dialogue and terrible acting make me laugh every viewing. I love that film to death!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

LOL if I was stranded on a deserted island with 1 movie, I hardly think I would choose a slasher. Most of them are so devoid of plot structure, character development and coherence that they eventually lose their glamor.

However, if I had to choose one slasher film, it would probably be Halloween or Black Christmas (I can never decide between the two, even though Black Christmas is more of a precursor to the slasher genre than a slasher itself). Both exert quality production values, excellent cinematography, coherent plotlines and characters one can relate to. Both are definitely worth repeat viewings.

~Matt

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  3. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Well, I love slasher films so I'd have no problem taking one with me and Oddly I'd pull from both Vampyr and Matt89's lists. The original Halloween has been my favorite movie for over 2 decades but Sleepaway Camp has also been a personal favorite for years aswell. So what am I more in the mood for Carpenters moody, well crafted masterpiece or the super fun and sleezy adventures of Angela, Judy, Ricky and Paul? depends on the day I'm shipped off to the island. I'll let you know then.

4. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

I'll say the obvious choice Friday the 13th :)

5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Halloween, hands down. It is my favorite movie of all time, easily.

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Then I assume you have it on blu-ray? It's a sight to behold. :D

~Matt

7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

It would be very hard for me to pick just one slasher to take with me. Sleepaway Camp 2 would beckon. Sorority House Massacre 2 would have a really strong case because I am more than a bit addicted to that one. Halloween, Friday the 13th part 3, and The Burning are all good picks. Silent Night, Deadly Night would be hard for me to leave behind as well. Who wants to live without Naughty!

However, in the end, I would likely leave all of those, grab New Year's Evil, and call it a day.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
  8. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

Like the mayority here, my favorites ones are Black Christmas and Halloween. If i'd have to choose one...man I don't know, it's like choosing between a beautiful girl with great boobs or a beautiful girl with great ass...but at gun point, if my life depends on picking only one...i take big ass- i mean, Black Christmas. I think its perfect by a 100% and Halloween by a 99.9%

9. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Friday the 13th Part 2 for me.

10. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

I love slashers. But if I was stuck on a deserted island and had to watch the same slasher movie over and over again, I'd probably cave my skull in with a coconut by the end of the week. They're enjoyable films so long as you don't watch them more than once or twice a year.

That said, I'd probably bring Bloody Murder II. All that good Shepis nudity will keep me warm on those cold and lonely nights.

11. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Friday the 13th (1980). :)

12. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Halloween (1978)

13. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Halloween (1978).

14. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

Black Christmas (1974).

15. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Black Christmas (1974)

16. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Halloween (1978), no question.

17. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I'm addicted to Sorority House Massacre 2 as well. In fact, until you mentioned it, I was about to say- Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. But yeah, Sorority House Massacre 2 and the sequel to that- Hard to Die, are only a little bit closer to my heart. I also might now take Part VII: The New Blood because it's more of a typical slasher film. Jason Takes Manhattan is more classic suspense. I think. I know it's of a very different subgenre than the previous 7 Friday the 13th films. But I've always loved it, despite all the fanboy hating b.s.

So since most people here have a hard time just picking one... I pick SHM2 and Hard to Die (aka- Tower of Terror). I'm surprised these films don't have bigger followings. They have amazing music scores and seem pretty creepy and atmospheric for direct-to-video flicks. They're also FUN as all living hell!! I know Halloween, Black Christmas, and a few others are better films but I like the ones I chose for me, personally. I also love Jim Wynorski's sequel to 976-Evil. The Astral Factor. And I much disliked the first one, which most people seem to like a little. Though that and I suppose Hard to Die are catagorized more as supernatural horror than traditional slashers. But so are Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, and Child's Play. And I'd say they qualify. At least to some degree.

18. Stige

Stige Active Member

prom night

have no idea why , just the way it is

19. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Halloween 1978

20. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Hard choice. It would be between Halloween, Black Christmas, Friday the 13th IV: The Final Chapter, Friday the 13th VI: Jason Lives, and My Bloody Valentine. Halloween and Black Christmas are definitely the best on that list, but replay value would be a huge thing being stuck on an island and so the holiday themes, lack of nudity (Which in this case would be important haha), and lack of gorey kills would probably give the edge to Friday the 13th: Jason Lives. I think this is the most fun Jason flick, with lots of ridiculous kills and a nice dose of boobies. MBV Uncut might be a strong contender as well though, if the kills are as good as they seem.