what is your fave hammer dracula?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by blood vamp, Mar 5, 2007.

1. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

my two fave hammer dracula films are dracula has risen from the grave and taste the blood of dracula. they are extremely well acted and the photography is very lush and also james bernards evocative music scores really add to the effectiveness of both films. anybody have any faves beside these?

2. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I know it's not generally a fan favorite but I like Scars Of Dracula quite a bit, I found it more sadistic and violent than the rest. Of course, I also love Horror of Dracula.

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I will always love the first film, Horror of Dracula. I can never forget feeling so blown away by Christopher Lee's presence as Dracula when watching it for the first time as a kid on late night cable.

Of the sequels, Taste the Blood of Dracula is still my favorite. Highgate Cemetery in England provided such a spooky atmosphere. Linda Hayden annd Ralph Bates are both especially awesome in this sequel.

4. jefff

jefff Guest

Dracula: Prince of Darkness- without a doubt. I had this on Beta (recorded off TV) as a kid, and I watched it so much, I damn near wore the tape out! Seeing it now, in all its widescreen scope glory on DVD, it's even better than I remember it! Great atmosphere, special effects, sets, score, acting (Lee is wonderful as always)- this one has it all. And the ending is without a doubt one of my favorite endings ever (The shot the credits roll over is just SO badass)!

Of course, Horror Of Dracula is equally as good, and I love all the others (I'm a huge Dracula/Hammer fan), but DPOD will always have a special place in my heart...

5. Yowie

Yowie Hologram

Prince of Darkness
    Horror of Dracula
    Brides of Dracula
    Taste the Blood...
    A.D. 1972
    Risen from the Grave
    Satanic Rites...
    Scars of Dracula
    7 Golden Vampires...

6. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

A.D. 1972 was the first Hammer Dracula I saw and it scared the hell out of me, I was about five years old. I still find the plot very original and think it's underrated.

7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I was almost as young the first time I saw it. Had a similar effect on me. Still love it to this day! The fights between Cushing and Lee are great. Caroline Munro as always is super hot! :evil:

8. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Prince of Darkness is best, but I also like Taste the Blood... That one's got lots of beefy tits and a weird slasher-styled story

9. Prince of Darkness and A.D. 1972