What is your favourite Friday the 13th/Jason Movie (not inc FVJ)?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Bobbywoodhogan, Jul 31, 2005.

?

What is your favourite Friday the 13th/Jason MMovie (not inc FVJ)?

1. Friday the 13th

6.8%
  2. Friday the 13th Part II

16.9%
  3. Friday the 13th Part III: 3d

16.9%
  4. Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter

30.5%
  5. Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning

8.5%
  6. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

11.9%
  7. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood

1.7%
  8. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan

3.4%
  9. Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Jason X

1.7%
  11. None they all suck

1.7%
  1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood is my favorite. That one was cool with the girl kicking Jay's ass.

2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I went with the original,it was the template,it was moody and had real atmosphere.Of the "Jason" ones I'd go with VI ,I just find that one energetic and just plain funny.I'll also risk the slings and arrows and say I like TAKES MANHATTAN,theres some good stuff in that film.

3. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

If it's playing in 3-D, then Part 3 is my favorite to watch.

The original is still the best of the series though, in terms of really delivering the atmosphere. Some of the camp exterior shots at dusk are very errie and really set the mood. And the finale, with
    King in the canoe
    , is one for the ages.

4. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Theres an original argument. What exactly do you want in a slasher movie? For me its tits, gore and cool death scenes........in part 5 you have all of that plus some hilarious characters like Demon (wonder where I got my screen name?) Ethel & Junior.

[​IMG]

5. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Part VII is awesome. It also has the best look of Jason.

6. Rock

Rock Member

They all pretty much sucked, but PART 2 is the most efficient; THE FINAL CHAPTER has the best screamer (Kimberly Beck); and THE NEW BLOOD has the best Jason. A NEW BEGINNING is total dog vomit, but you gotta love the line "Junior, you big dildo...get in here and eat 'yer fuckin' slop!"

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  7. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I'll never understand why Part 4 is such a fan favorite; I think it sucks. I have to say the first film is by far the best, followed by the first two sequels, of course.

8. nukfut

nukfut Guest

I think Crispin Glover is a fan favorite, which could be part of the reason. Plus Savini is involved so a lot of people lean that way.

I personally like Part IV but my favorite is Part II by a mile. But I'm not as big a fan of zombie Jason as I am human Jason. I've said it before but the scene in Part II where Amy Steele attacks Jason with a chainsaw is classic. It's one of the few scenes where Jason looks like he's actually scared. The idea that Jason can be hurt really helps the story feel more real to me.

9. Herbert West

Herbert West Guest

Part VII for me. This was the first one I saw when I was younger, and I thought Jason looked the most convincing in this one. Also I feel Kane Hodder makes the best Jason.

10. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

I'd have to go with Part 5 even though most hate it. It is fun,got some martial arts,Tommy(John Shepherd)only says like 24 words through the whole film,Tiffany(Violet)Helm is a goddess,"His Eyes" by Pseudo Echo,Shavar(Dudley)Ross is in it,hot chicks,good gore,etc. The first 6 are actually all the better ones. They started getting out of line about part 7.

11. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I almost went with part 3, but in the end it had to be part 4. I love everything about the movie, its got kick ass FX by Savini, directed by Zito and Crispin Glover. 'Nuff said.