Whatever happened to the Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie/Phantasm remakes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bobbywoodhogan, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Weren't New Line supposed to dishing these out?

I'll admit I'd rather see another Jason movie first I can wait for Phantasm but they announced these and then we haven't heard jacks**t since.

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I think they're waiting for Tarantino to finish whatever he's working on, then go to rehab before Jason XXX begins principal photography.
    Hopefully the Phatasm remake idea is right outside on the curb where it belongs.

3. Bobbywoodhogan

I'll admit I'm not too fussed about a remake of phantasm it would be a good thing to restart tho 'cause 3 and 4 sucked ass.

I really don't want Tarantino to do Jason I can't stand him. They'd better get a new film out they should just continue it on from FVJ and have a good old fashioned camp crystal lake slasher.

4. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Hopefully, these "ideas" died in agony, along with all those responsible for them.

Realistically, however, they are most likely being developed and will infect the world soon enough.

5. Bobbywoodhogan

Why are you so against another Jason movie. I want another one but not with Tarantino.

6. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

it's funny how so many people complain about another jason film or a remake , and these r the same people who r in line to see film when it is released........

7. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Tarantino never said he was going to make a Jason movie.

8. BoredSeal

BoredSeal New Member

They should rather make Phantasm 5 with some proper ending for series than remake, before Angus Scrimm will die. :(

9. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

A Jason movie with Tarantino directing would be very cool in my opinion. He's a very talented director, like him or not. I can imagine a Kill Bill type film that focuses on horror films... pretty cool.

10. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Tarantino Quote:

"There's no truth whatsoever to that rumour, I like Jason, but there's just no truth to the rumour at all."

Another one:

Tarantino said: “What’s happening with Friday The 13th? Nothing at all! It’s a complete lie. I like Jason and everything, but I’ve no intention of directing a movie! New Line talked to me about it, but it was a complete fabrication, that article. I would love to do a horror film. I’m just saying it’s not going to be Friday The 13th…”

11. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

It was also said that if Tarantino did anything with a new Jason film, it would be purely as a producer.

Personally, I'd like to see a new F13th. I'm a huge fan of the entire series (except part 5 and 9). I grew up watching all of them so they hold a special place in my black heart. I think there's still a few more rounds left in the big guy and after the better-than-everyone-expected Jason X, I'd like to see some more action.

As for Phantasm? I say leave it alone. It was already done right once. Here's a better idea........ do something ORIGINAL. I know, I know. Its scary, but by using brains and good ideas it can be done. I know it.

12. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I don't really care about the F13 francise, but I would obviously be right on board when a new one's announced.

Phantasm however feels quite dated and I'm all for a Coscarelli produced remake and can't wait for this thing to get made. There was just an article in either Fango or Rue Morgue a month or so ago speaking of it. I think some of you expect movies to be made in 6 months from the time that first news breaks. And then you'll be one to claim that they rushed it along and it sucks. Give it some time to develop, it'll be coming in about 2 years or so. Also, hopefully Don will get to make an end to his original Phantasm series, this time without all the stock footage.

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Why don't we all just gang up already, head on over to every major studio head office, and give them all a swift kick in the nards.

14. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Ya know, if they did a remake of F13 I wouldn't be that upset. At least we'd get a movie back at Crystal Lake...unfortunately Jason wouldn't really be in it unless they changed the story completely.

15. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

If Angus & Reg aren't involved in the new Phantasm movies then they should never be made.

I'm all for any Friday the 13th sequel, they're all a little fun (even Jason X for about 15 minutes)

16. CubeOfTheDead

CubeOfTheDead Member

Yeah, where are those Phantasm remakes and Jason sequels. There's no where near enough remakes and sequels to classic horror films.

17. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

LOL! :lol:

18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

The hell with remakes.

Did we forget about the upcoming Phantasm 5 thats in the works with New Line?

19. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

No, we haven't forgot about Phantasm 5, but Bubba-Nosferatu will more than likely be Coscarelli's next project and a Phantasm remake has been said to be put out before a possible 5th Phantasm film so those are what we have to look forward to first.

20. I really wish Phastam's End would be made. The series NEEDS a proper end! Part IV, as "not as great as the other 3" as it was, left a helluva cliffhanger.

I can see a Friday movie being remade! I see it happening. If its remade with Mama Voorhees as the killer though, it'll be a surprise to no one...unless Jason pops up!!! Oh s**t, that would be dope!

Oh, who am I kidding?!?! I'm all for originality! The recent string of remakes haven't been hitting home with me as it is!