Whats the most under rated or over rated horror move

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by steve_p, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I will say this about the Blair Witch Project. The Directors and Distributors are probably the smartest men on Earth, That was probably the best marketing scheme I had ever seen. I bhet they're living like kings now.

2. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Sing a revival! And let it begin with me!

Overrated-PSYCHO (both versions)
    Underrated-THE CHANGELING

3. lakini71

lakini71 New Member

OVERRATED: The Beyond----nothing but incoherent plotting and unnecessary bloodletting.

UNDERRATED: without a doubt, Deadly Blessing.

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Most folks already said mine, but what the hell:

Overrated: 7, Signs, Inferno, The Beyond, Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer, American Psycho (I will never get that), and Suspiria (It is good but not THAT good).

Underrated: Sleepaway Camp 2&3 (they deserve more hype!), Invisible Maniac (damn right I need a dvd, my vhs is in crap condition), Carnival of Souls, Maniac Cop, The Dead Hate the Living, Near Dark, The Funhouse, The Burning, Stepfather 1 and 2, and Popcorn.

And I like BWP, just not as much as folks seemed to think we should, and I will always love Scream.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2003
  5. Jeffrey Dahmer

Jeffrey Dahmer New Member

Overrated :
    The Ring (US garbage shit, they destroyed the whole movie, especially the ending. Not scary at all, bad direction, third grade acting, aweful dialogue, dumb dumb dumb)
    Friday The 13th (was there ever one movie more overrated then this pile of crap. Followed by endless sequels, all worthless)
    The Sixth Sense (nothing remotely good about this one, Hitchcock would have call it a piece of shit himself. He see dead people, get the fuck out of here, I don't care)
    Scream (trash)

Underrated :
    Society (well, this fall into "one of my favorite horror movie", so to me it is underrated. It's not quite a movie that could be overrated anyhow. It's not for everyones).
    They Live! (I can't believe this movie passed by unnoticed by many in the filmography of Carpenter. This movie is really great and alot of fun to watch again and again).

6. Atmims

Atmims Guest

The entire Evil Dead series is overrated. Esp. Army of Darkness.

7. chi

chi Guest

Over: any movie by M. Night Shyamalan
    pointless, pretentious, over-hyped garbage

Under: The Hunted (1995) w/ Christopher Lambert

8. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Overrated: Ringu
    Underrated: Dark City

9. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Overrated - Halloween (I'm sorry, I like the film but for it to be on so many peoples top 3 lists, I must really not get it)

Underrated - Blair Witch Project (I fail to see how it's not on everyone’s Top 10 list IMHO, 20 year from now it will be considered a friggin classic)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2003
  10. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Ash-Totally true about BWP an enjoyable flick indeed

11. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

And if you'd read the entire thread, you'd see that he's not the first to have said that.

12. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Don't mind him. He's just fluffing.

13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

You don't care for Halloween yet you love BWP?? :eek2:

14. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I rented the DVD of NEAR DARK last week and I thought it pretty overrated. Not a bad movie by any means, but not really scary and kind of blah. Plus it had Bill Paxton in it. I enjoyed it, but I'm glad I didn't splurge and buy it outright sight unseen. In a few years I'll probably forget what it was about.

On the plus side (I suppose) as far as Tangerine Dream scores go, the music wasn't as annoying or distracting as it usually is. (see THE KEEP or LEGEND)

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Hey, BWP is better than HALLOWEEN if you ask me, so there's nothing wrong with that, although I personally do love HALLOWEEN as well. :p

16. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Underrated: Phenomena

Way Overrated: Halloween!:fire:

17. Trucci

Trucci Guest

Underrated: Opera, that theme song is fucking awesome (also I enjoy the ending because of how horrible it is)

Overrated: Evil Dead 2 (Great movie, but I don't know why this ranks as so many people's favorite in the series)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2003
  18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I definitely agree with you on both points! :banana:

19. onebyone

onebyone Guest

We are totally opposite. I think that Opera is one of the most overrated movies ever, and Evil Dead 2 is my favorite movie of all time. Nothing comes close.

I am surprised to see some folks saying Halloween is overrated as seriously, that never crossed my mind. I think it deserves its hype and more, but hey, that is just me.

20. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I didn't say i didn't care for it. I said i liked It, it would probably make my top 25. I just personally wouldn't place it as high as alot of people.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2003