What's the name of this One?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Mutilated Prey, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Ok, you guys did such a great job on the last one, I'm now trying to recall the name of another.

The details for this are a little more vague, but here it goes. I think this one takes place maybe on the coast somewhere, maybe Cali, because there's a large beach mildly involved. Seemed like a late 70's/early 80's kinda movie. I saw it on VHS like 10 years ago. There's a big old mansion on the beach (not facing the beach though) with palm trees and garden out front. A guy rents a room in the place on the top floor, very much away from the rest of the house. Turns out there's a young woman, that is the offspring of the owners that lives in a hidden room kinda near the guy renting. This girl (it actually could have been a guy) has been hidden from the world for quite some time, not really deformed or retarded, but definitely crazy, and he/she kills a few people throughout the movie. I think there's a scene where the renter has a chick back to their room one night, and when the renter leaves the room for a bit, the kooky recluse comes into the room and freaks the chick out.

Any ideas?

2. Mutilated Prey

The more I think about it, it's probably Silent Scream actually. Are there any other films that came out around the same time that are pretty similiar?

3. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, that sounds like SILENT SCREAM, except in that a woman rents the room from a guy. Otherwise all the other details are pretty spot on. Cool flick, it has some masterfully edited death scenes.

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Does sound like SILENT SCREAM.The recluse was horror legend Barbara Steele.

5. Mutilated Prey

Cool - Now we just got to get Code Red on the move to release this one. I noticed it's been in their que for a while. Any updates on it's progress? CodeRedDVD, I'm looking in your direction ;)

6. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

In a recent Podcast interview with someone from Code Red, Silent Scream was mentioned. The CR rep was actually surprised that he didn't have Silent Scream in his notes as a title to discuss, since everything was finished for the DVD.

I would expect a release either at the end of this year, or the early part of 2009. Code Red already has a ton of releases scheduled, so maybe Silent Scream is just waiting in line...