What's up with Halloween 2(goodtimes)?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Tawny, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I thought the goodtimes version of this was long out of print?Now how come I saw some copies of it at Best Buy?For only 5.99!.It looks just like my goodtimes disc, except it is not a snap case?

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

They had 2 copies at BB here (A2, MI.) also. Plus a couple copies of Airport, and 1 Airport 1975 (now on ebay!:D ) The first Airport's were normal cases, everything else was snapper.
    I'm guessing a warehouse find, there is no question GT lost the rights to these titles. I was hoping for a King Kong V Godzilla or Dr. Giggles, but no luck on those.

3. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

I saw these Goodtime's DVDS at my local Best Buy as well, they also had JAWS: THE REVENGE for only $5.99 as well. I'm tempted to get JAWS 4 instead of Universal's DVD and save $10! I hear that the transfers on these are pretty good on these DVDS as well. I also may pick up AIRPORT.

4. Tawny

I also picked up the Gate at Best Buy for 5.99.According to Amazon it is not being released until November 23,2003.:confused:

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Thanks for the heads up. I am going to try and pick one up on the way home tonight!!

6. Tawny

I might need to pick up another Halloween 2 as well.When I went to watch it last night I dropped face down on the floor:( .It played ok though, but still I hate it when that shit happens.)I'm more curious about the Gate though.Anyone know anything?

7. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Music 4 Less at Tanger Mall has Halloween 2 and Jaws: The Revenge is still on the slelves for about $4.95. It's on a small rack in the center of the store. (They are the Goodtimes versions)

8. Wolf Man

Wolf Man Guest

Is The Gate the Platinum disc or is someone else re-releasing it? The Amazon release date thing has me wondering, since this has been on DVD for a long time now and has been through OOP rumors, but never really disappeared for any significant amount of time.

9. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Amazon.com is a series of stores from around the crountry (such as best buy, etc) so if one store has the dvd than they quickly assume that it's in print. I got the Sleepaway Camp Red-Cross edition a while ago from them...way after the cover change.

10. Tawny

Yes The Gate was the Platinum disk

11. Wolf Man

Wolf Man Guest

I don't know what the November release date on the Platinum Gate disc is about. It's been out for ages, and to my knowledge never really went out of print, despite what eBay kept saying. I bought one at Circuit Shitty for $7 about two months ago. It could be a price drop or something at Amazon. I see that on Deepdiscountdvd.com from time-to-time.

12. bigdaddyhorse

I personally don't think ANY of those Platinum disc are OOP. I keep seeing em pop up, and now titles like The Gate and The Wraith are popping up in normal amaray cases instead of those oversize cd cases. Don't tell the people on ebay though, I still list em as OOP just like everyone else does (actually I quit bothering with The Wraith, The Gate, and Trick Or Treat, the only one I'm selling now is Luscious with all the kari Wurher you could want to see. Those are a lot harder to find, but Best Buy seems to get one copy every 2 or 3 weeks.)

13. Wolf Man

Wolf Man Guest

I think the scarcity of Platinum titles has to do with Platinum's method of distrobution on their DVDs. They seem to just ship a case of randomly assorted discs, rather than taking orders on specific titles. Given the price tag they put on them, and the obscurity of their titles, it's got to be more cost effective than taking specific orders. The end result is that a store might have two copies of a given title in an order of a couple hundred discs, and won't get any more until X% of the total order has sold. On titles like The Wraith, Trick Or Treat, and The Gate it makes sense that Platinum would be noticing the commotion on eBay and start pressing/shipping more copies per case.

14. bigdaddyhorse

I completely agree, and am sure that did happen. One day The Wraith was so hard to find and getting $40-50 on ebay, 3 weeks later there were literally 36 copies in Circut City, and who knows if any had been bought before I saw that massive stack of em and had to count. Funny thing is, CC used to be the only place who had em, but now BB carries em as well. I've never seen a copy of Luscious at CC, and they have hundreds of Plat. discs compared to maybe a couple dozen at BB. I've given up trying to figure out their distribution system, it doesn't make much sense.