What's your favourite slasher / horror film reference book?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Wayne Manor, Jul 26, 2004.

1. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Terror on Tape - A Guide to Over 2000 Horror Films on Video

It's awesome.

2. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

There's also a book out recently called "Forbidden Films", covering everything from "A Birth of a Nation" to "Emanuelle".

3. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I bought Spaghetti Nightmares several years ago. Worth picking up, if you are a fan of Argento, and Fulci.

4. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--Damn straight. I ordered this through Borders about a year ago and I have read it cover to cover at least twice. Good stuff and great interviews.--

I have also read Slater's book a few times. My only criticism would be - there are times when he really doesn't seem to be a fan of grade B films. There are so many films denigrated in the book, and mostly for the usual (bad acting, bad dubbing) which I think big fans of the genre tend to overlook. As a fan of the genre reading it, it was a bit of a put-off. Definately worth getting though.

5. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

"There are so many films denigrated in the book, and mostly for the usual (bad acting, bad dubbing) which I think big fans of the genre tend to overlook. As a fan of the genre reading it, it was a bit of a put-off."

Yes, but critics such as these (Medved, et al) who point out how "bad" these films are think that we don't know that already. Ridiculous.