What's your take on X-Files Season 10?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by Dave, Mar 22, 2016.

?

What's your take on X-Files Season 10?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2016.
  1. Didn't watch it.

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. It was terrible.

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Screw Chris Carter.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It was okay.

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. MOTW were good. Mythology was terrible.

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. It was awesome. Bring on S11.

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Dave

Dave Pimp

X-Files Season 10 is behind us. Carter ended it on the usual cliffhanger and assured us that more is on the way, even though no contracts have been signed and Fox has only expressed that they were pleased with the results of Season 10. What are your thoughts on X-Files: Season 10?

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm still working my way through the blu-rays. Finished seasons 1 - 5 and Fight The Future, still have seasons 6 - 9 and I Want To Believe until I start season 10. The Vancouver years are officially behind me.

I've been taking a little break after Fight The Future. The mythology started going down hill during season 4 with Scully's cancer plot. The mythology is getting so needlessly convoluted, it's getting a little hard to follow. The season 5 cliffhanger promises a fresh start though, so it was kind of the perfect time to take a break from the show.

Sorry, kind of off-topic. Short answer: Didn't watch it... but plan to.

3. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I only got to see 3 of the 6 episodes. Hope they replay it. I generally like the new series but the mythology is getting kinda old. I would love to see another season. It's still one of my all time favorite shows.

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Liked most of it. The last episode was the weakest. I hope they can look back on it and avoid trying to cram so much in. Just write it better. I'd welcome a non-Chris Carter X-Files. Maybe just have him consult.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

T'was just OK. With it being a mini-series, they really should have stepped away from the old formula of the split between the arc and the MOWs and just concentrated on the arc which was unquestionably rushed, especially the last episode. While I probably enjoyed some of the MOWs even more than the arc episodes, it was because of that rushed feeling that the arc didn't deliver (and surprisingly Mulder and Scully's chemistry seemed better in the MOWs too). Because they weren't doing another 21-episode season they really didn't need the filler this time around. Chris Carter really needed to update X-Files to how modern series and mini-series function, instead of rehashing the existing, outdated structure which does not work for a measly 6 episodes.

chancetx and Harry Warden like this.
  6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I had to go with Screw Chris Carter. That's pretty much where all my problems lay. It felt like everyone showed up ready for work but Carter. All his scripts felt like he woke up screaming "HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T DO MY HOMEWORK!" and jotted down the first things that came to his mind on the bus ride over so he could at least get credit for turning something in. Although the production values were a little cheap too but I chalk that up to the rush job and Fox trying to make this trial balloon on the cheap.

But ultimately I remembered very early in the first episode why I had come to loath X-Files its last few seasons and never hankered for it to come back on the air.
    For example, as soon as they showed the woman abductee I said, "She going to die isn't she? And it'll be because Mulder's an idiot isn't it?" Sure enough. She dies and it's all because Mulder's a complete idiot. And then they repeated this same cycle AGAIN in the second aired episode (pregnant woman). Jesus. Fucking. Christ-Mulder, I could chalk the first woman up because you're rusty coming back. But this back to back you asshole! And Jesus Scully, you're the brains of the outfit, why don't you see these things coming a mile away? IT HAPPENS EVERY FUCKING WEEK!

I'm ready to walk away now. It was a very cathartic six episodes for me. But unless its return gets unanimous praise I'm just going to find better uses of my time.

7. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

Children shouldn't play with dead things.

Mok likes this.
  8. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I loved all the episodes no complaints on my end.

9. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

On whole I enjoyed it. Nice to see the old characters together again and there were some solid episodes. The finale actually felt more like a feature .I willingly admit to being in the minority though regarding one episode. I'm a fan of some of the old, oddball episodes like "Humbug" and 'War Of The Copraphages",but in the end I felt the "Were-Man" episode was just too drawn out and silly. It would have made a great short subject but as an episode length outing it was just too broad for me. That said, I still preferred the stand alone ,NIGHT STALKER styled monster of the week episodes to the mythology shows. Over the years those have tended to get rather murky.

Just my opinion of course, feel free to disagree.