when is Superstition R2 coming out

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Evil Dead Guy, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Mario77

Mario77 New Member

If it's anamorphic widescreen, I'm all over it. I love this movie. I haven't seen it since like 82 or 83, saw it a couple of times then, can't wait to see it again.

2. This movie has some of the most awesome death scenes ever filmed

3. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Unless this R2 is widescreen and REALLY cleaned-up, then I will just stay with my VHS copy.

Really fun trashy movie though. If you ever wanted to know why
    priests and flying circular saw blades do NOT mix
    then definitely check this puppy out! :)

4. This movie rules! I own it on vhs and it better get at least a halfway decent R1 release!!

5. Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon Guest

6. swr2777

swr2777 New Member

Agreed! This film does have some truly imaginative and gory death sequences. I always found it curious that it was executive produced by Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna...who would soon become the ambitious, big-money mover-shakers of Carolco Pictures. Does anyone happen to know how their involvement influenced the production of this film? It almost seems suspicious that so many writers and producers are credited to such an obscure genre film.

*The following could be nothing more than unsubstantiated rumor.*
    I've heard stories over the years that this film suffered from "production problems." Have even heard that it was initially shot around 1979 or 1980 with the intention of being a more implicit, atmospheric horror film, but that reshoots commenced in 1981 or 1982 to match the gore and make-up effects quotient that was, by then, in demand for the genre. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Any truth to it, or is it all BS?

7. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

if its a UK release, it will probably be edited big time!

8. drterror666

drterror666 Guest

Not necessarily. The BBFC aren't too bad when it comes to gore these days, especially in a fantasy environment. Just look at Braindead (aka Dead Alive, for you lovely US of A peeps) and tell me how that got through. I know it's a comedy horror, but it's still way over the top!

9. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

true, but dont forget, if they use a old "cut" master, then it will be the same

10. drterror666

drterror666 Guest

Anyone know who's releasing it? That's usually a good sign as to the condition of the film when it hits DVD. Please let it not be Vipco! :eek:

11. drterror666

drterror666 Guest

If it's Vipco, then they'll just give us the shit version that did the rounds ages back! :mad:

Here's hoping for a definitive release with all the trimmings!

12. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Actually the BBFC released this film uncut.