When will Jaws be chomping its way to Blu-ray anyone know?

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Jan 1, 2009.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well if nobody else will say this, I will.

I fucking love this. Thank you.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

This statement isn't creepy at all.

3. Dave

Dave Pimp

I want god damn Jaws 3 in bluray 3D damnit! License it to someone and get it over with, already. Argh.

4. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I also want it too. I saw it at the theaters with my mom and brother.

5. Christy

Christy Member

I have Jaws 3 on an actual pressed blu-ray though it is not in 3-D. I also have the JAWS 3-D in actual 3-D on a pressed DVD disc. Both do exist but Universal has zero interest on making them available to the general public. They don't see them as big sellers so it's very unlikely they will see any kind of re-release. The blu-ray's and DVD's were given only to some Universal employees and other private parties. The 3-D DVD and Blu-ray were produced in very small quantities. I have always been a very huge fan of the JAWS 3-D film myself also. Jaws 3 has a very special place in my heart sense it was the very first Jaws film I ever saw. I have seen from time to time people selling knock offs of both versions online. I just don't know if they are actually selling pressed discs or copies of these original discs.

6. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Both of the versions you have, are readily availible online. The BD is a HD TV version with a beautiful case designed (but taken from the VHS box) by a guy named Fritz Nilsen. The DVD was produced by a online indie company who released 2 versions, a stereoscopic DVD and a anaglyph version (your choice depending in your setup). http://3dmovieinfo.m.webs.com/site/...ewebs.com/3dmovieinfo/&fb_sig_network=fw#2111

... but I may be wrong. Was never a huge Jaws nut

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  7. Dave

Dave Pimp

Yeah I have the Sensio 3D DVD and it's decent enough. I have to set my bluray player to a 4x3 display because the DVD is apparently flagged wrong. The transfer is decent enough but I would prefer an actual 3D bluray.

8. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

ha! :D

9. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that´s one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time :D

10. Harrycanyon

Harrycanyon Banned Mofo

Universal with Spielberg did an amazing nearly flawless job of restorating a classic from the 70s from the original 35mm camera negative which was a labor of love you think it was filmed in 2011 with new detail you never seen before and it looks more beautiful than ever.

The new remix soundtrack is awesome too as you can hear the shark theme rattle in your bones but glad it has the original mono too.

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Interesting note.

Encore this weekend played Jaws, Jaws 2, Jaws 3, and Jaws: The Revenge all in HD. (all are still playing this month)

I've said this before in another thread, I found it curious that when I would see a movie (on a cable Premium channel)that has yet to distributed on Blu-ray HD, soon sure enough, we get an announcement it's coming to Blu.

Fingers crossed. Ehem...cough... Box set please.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I've had HD versions of Jaws 2, 3 and 4 (in mkv) since maybe 2010, they're pretty easy to find via torrents. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a blu-ray release from Universal anytime soon...

~Matt

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Well not a R1 release but Part 2, 3, and 4 are getting the Blu treatment in Australia. Universal Studios releasing a R1 version can't be far behind. They just announced an Airport Collection on Blu. I can see a Jaws collection in the future soon.

And btw, Cinemax was showing The Concord Airport 79 in HD. So I'm telling you there's something going on with the Premium Channel , Blu release connection theory. There was also a recent run of Maximum Overdrive in HD. You never know.

fceurich39 likes this.
  14. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i am kinda surprised universal didn't let scream factory release the jaws sequels on Blu already but anyhow regardless who releases it i'll be buying them well atleast part 2 anyhow

15. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Fingers crossed 3 will be 3d, I would buy that in a heartbeat!

Dobby likes this.
  16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Universal just announced that in June they will release Jaws 2, 3, and 4 on Blu-ray.

I'm telling you, there's something to my cable theory. So far I'm 3 for 3.

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

These have been airing in HD on cable for years. Probably 2010ish like Matt mentioned. Every summer, AMC airs them a couple times a week. If there was any validity to your theory, these would have been released half a decade ago.

It's just a matter of Universal finally getting off their butts and getting some catalog titles out there (Best Little Whorehouse In Texas, Airport, Xanadu, Howard The Duck, Batteries Not Included, etc).

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

19. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Saw JAWS 2-4 on JB HIFI the other day. Figured other countries would have em soon.

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I think maybe you are not understanding what I'm saying. I'll try to clear it up.

Not AMC, A&E, etc... Premium channels like HBO, ENCORE, SHOWTIME(no commercials). They played Airport in rotation, then bam it comes out. They played all 4 JAWS movies in a row. Then this announcement shortly afterwards. I could be mistaken , but I never seen all 4 JAWS movies on one specific premium channel before. Monster Dog was the other one. Freakin Monster Dog, when was last time that played on a Premium Channel? It's the timing that's the whole thing. Maybe a movie like Maximum Overdrive has been on Netflix or AMC over the years but right now it's on ENCORE. So if you hear an announcement within the next couple of months... :)

Look you're right and this could be just a big coincidence, but it's fun thinking of it this way.

chancetx likes this.