When will Jaws be chomping its way to Blu-ray anyone know?

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Jan 1, 2009.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Fantastic, I'm honestly more excited about Jaws 3, I just hope it's real 3D and not the crappy red/blue 3D, I will get Jaws 2, but Jaws 3D has such a history for me, it was the first 3D movie I watched at the cinema, on a first date, I nearly shit myself when I got the glasses, what are these I asked my date, they look like sunglasses, I expected it be the red/blue 3d, so was blown away when I sat down to watch it and it was full colour, real 3D, and what fun it was/is, many items, fish heads, guts and teeth all thrown at the camera, classic, now just need, Friday 3 in real 3D & Flesh for Frankenstein in real 3D. fingers crossed now it is real 3D!!!

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

HBO and Cinemax occasionally air the Jaws movies (and the Airport movies) and have been for years, AMC was just the best example because they are Jaws crazy. For some reason, HBO / Cinemax are especially fond of Jaws: The Revenge, as that's the one they tend to air most. It sounds like Encore is just late to the party.

I know because Jaws 2 is one of those movies where anytime I stumble across it on TV, I have to turn it on and watch it to the end. Can't help it, there's something about that movie. So I've seen the last hour of Jaws 2 god knows how many times, but have only seen the beginning maybe 5 or 6 times.

Also, Monster Dog was on NetFlix in HD a few years ago back when they had the MGM catalog. At least I'm pretty sure it was HD, most of their MGM titles were.

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

up for jaws 2 not so sure I want 3 and the revenge on blu-ray wonder if the revenge will have both endings on it's release I kinda doubt it though

4. fceurich39

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Real 3D for Jaws 3, yea!!!! Getting this now can't wait to watch it again in 3D, hope it still stands up.

6. Dave

Dave Pimp

Wow 3-D bluray that is amazing. So happy about that. Now if Paramount would get their head out of their ass and take care of Friday 3.

7. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

No Michael Caine commentary on part 4???!!! :) I may have to pick these up. I haven't seen part 3 in 3D since it aired on TV in the eighties. I recall having to pickup the red and blue cardboard glasses from 7-11. Maybe I'm confusing that with The Mask. Regardless, both films are available in true 3D finally. That leaves F13 3D. I'm glad I picked up a Samsung UHD TV with 3D before they cease production with 3D.

8. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

Very happy to see Jaws 3 get a 3D blu ray release. Still almost shocked that it is as cheap as it is being a 3D blu.

9. fceurich39

Jaws the Revenge now says "Alternate Ending" on the list of specs for the blu-ray .

baggio likes this.
  10. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Was on the fence about these as I don't have a 3D player to enjoy that upgrade, but the low prices and the inclusion of the alternate ending on 4 made me pull the trigger.

11. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I don't have 3D at home either, but the SRPs for these are so low that they're an easy upgrade. Should be able to get a chunk of it back by selling my DVDs too.

12. fceurich39

13. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

Any chance they'll do some kind of special box set for these? Maybe around Christmas? I still haven't bought the original on Blu and I could easily be swayed by a cool collector set. They could do a really simple one - a dorsal shark fin on a wood stand/box housing the discs. Slap the JAWS logo on the stand/box and you've got a sweet Christmas gift!

14. fceurich39

I really Hope I am able to find JAWS 2,3,4 in stores come next week my indie record store didn't have em on order but they do now. I know bestbuy has 7 digit sku which usually means they will be carried in store but with universal catalog titles it's no Guarantee. same goes for Walmart they got/still have the earlier universal catalog titles howard the duck,batteries not included etc. anyone gonna try and get em in stores next week?

15. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I'll be getting Jaws 3 and Revenge. They're fun little time wasters. "Revenge" has some sweet cinematography (and the poorest effects in the series).
    I love that Revenge has the original '87 ending included! I have not seen it since I saw it at the picture show when it came out! SOLD. ;)

I'm Bruce...hear me roar!!!!

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  16. Dave

Dave Pimp

Why not just order from Amazon? If not credit card, find someone with a credit card, give them the cash and get an Amazon GC. I know they sell Amazon GCs at retail stores, too.

If you order it prior to this weekend, you would get it on release day.

fceurich39 likes this.
  17. fceurich39

actually my indie store just called and they got JAWS 2,3 and the revenge blu-rays in stock for me and on hold for me to pick up on Tuesday very excited
    only question I have is Jaws 3 blu-ray should work in a standard non 3D blu-ray correct because I am getting it for the 2D version not 3D?

18. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Jaws 3 will work in a regular blu-ray player. There's a 2-D version of the movie included too.

~Matt

fceurich39 likes this.
  19. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

jaws 2 will look the best out of these 3..

20. fceurich39

yep and Jaws 3 the 2D version will look the worst