When will Jaws be chomping its way to Blu-ray anyone know?

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Jan 1, 2009.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Ditto here. There was a lurker/newbie who PM'd me about DC codes, but I took forever to reply and he hasn't returned to the site (or posted anything ever). I also have Fast Time at Ridgemont High, Scarface, Scream 4 and Final Destination 5 codes if anyone wants. One of em was going to expire the end of the month, can't recall which one though (not Jaws, that's good until 2015), most expire the end of the year.

I still will keep the insert with the code to save the completeness of my set, but it's no prob to give the code out as I'll never use it or any of them. Glad the collector mentality doesn't include redeeming codes for things I don't want or need, just keeping things I don't want or need.:rolleyes:

2. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I just drove 45 minutes to pick up the digi-book. Pain in the ass, but I wasn't going to miss out!

3. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I havent watched the blu yet (probably will tonight or tommorrow) but the digibook is pretty cool - looks nice and actually has some interesting content

4. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Not that I give a flying hoot about this movie with screwed up audio. Still it's amazing the stupidity of people paying $50 for the digi-book on feeBay. They eat up that limited edition BS rundown scam like candy. Interestingly I see most Worst Buys only got like 4 in stock per store. Now with no restock inventory anywhere in sight just cute.

5. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I ended up ordering the book online last weekend after watching that unboxing video. It arrived yesterday and was all beat up. Best Buy apparently only ships single items in plastic bags with no protection. So I opened my book and half of the pages were folded on the bottom corner, the first page even had a tear on the bottom right hand corner! The cover was also beat up, each corner had dents. Now I have to wait for a local to store to get a new one in stock to be able to trade it in. No way am I letting them mail me a replacement.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, I hate those cheap white plastic bags some places are in the habit of using now. I don't see how companies can ship items in them and not expect things to arrive beat up a good percentage of the time.

That crap and these cheap eco-cases that easily damage coverart is enough to piss anyone off.

7. bigdaddyhorse

All digital copies are claimed, I'll get those out soon.

8. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Is the Canadian book identical to the US / Best Buy version?

What I'm really wondering is: Is the cover and / or the contents cluttered up with that bilingual text that a lot of Canuck discs are? I see these a lot at Big Lots and they look like crap to me. For $3 I'll put up with it, for $30+, no thanks.

9. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I can't comment if it's identical as I have nothing to compare mine too but It is only in English.

10. bigdaddyhorse

If only English then the only noticeable difference might be the UPC code (to distinguish countries).
    US UPC (not the sticker that was on both copies I have over the UPC) is 025192155512. The sticker code is 025192129001 FWIW.

More often than not Future Shop exclusives from Canada are identical to Best buy ones from the US, but not always. If the UPC matches, everything else probably will too. I only see Universal logos on back bottom. Often times Canadian will have an alternate company logo but disc ID's will match the US versions with slight cover variations you'll miss if not looking for them, logos lead the way for these variants, right behind UPC codes.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  11. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Yes I can confirm the digibook blu in Canada IS English only - same as US. Got mine at Future Shop last Thursday (3 days post release) and they still had at least 10 copies. Priced $29.99 CAN but with the $5 off coupon found in CLICK magazine at cashier's desk, rang in for only $24.99.

But the regular (non-book) blu in Canada DOES have ugly bilingual crap on it... at least it does on the slipcover.

12. bigdaddyhorse

Now I have no doubt that BB is clueless all around. Prevoius post was SaturdayN today they had not 1, not 2, not 5 but 7 more copies on the rack. Good news for those who thought they missed the booklet boat!

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, that's true. the good news is that the slipcover splits the english and french onto both edges, so on my shelf it looks like its only in english. unfortunately, the lovely cover art is marred by bilingual packaging, and the back is pretty insanely crammed with text, which is a shame.

14. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

The computer at my local Best Buy showed two available copies but neither were on the shelf. The same thing happened at the next closest store where I picked it up Friday. They're not stocking these on the shelves in my area for some reason. You have to get an employee to go and personally get it for you.

15. bigdaddyhorse

2 book copies still remain in Ann Arbor, up front on the new release rack (but moved to side today). No copies of standard BD there, just dvds and books.

16. Dave

Dave Pimp

My wife and I are moving to a bigger place this week. I held off on ordering the book from Canada, which is going to cost $35-$40 shipped, because I wanted to get it shipped to the new place. Well, I checked online one last time and there's one in stock about 10 mins from my current place. I snagged it online yesterday and got the confirmation, so I'll pick it up today. It only saves me like $8 or $9 but hey, mine as well.

17. Copyboy

Copyboy Well-Known Member

Dave, I would call before you go to pick it up. I did the same yesterday and fortunately they had it in stock when I got there after work. Managed to snag the last one off the shelf for a friend of mine as well. But when I got home last night there was a message on my home phone from someone at Best Buy saying that even though I got the email confirmation saying it was ready to pick up, they couldn't locate it in the store! HOW does that happen? Idiots. She did call back and left a second message saying they found it, but clearly Best Buy is bananas.

18. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Best Buy just needs to stop doing in store pickups for releases with multiple versions because they grab the wrong one every time. They should just do it for releases that have only one version available.

19. Dave

Dave Pimp

It's 10 mins away so I don't mind the driver, but I will definitely verify it's the digibook before walking away.

20. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

the frenzy must be over here, I saw 3 Jaws digibooks sitting on the shelf of a best buy store in the regular blu section.