Where Do You Keep Your DVDs In ?

Discussion in 'General' started by PhoneStud, Feb 22, 2003.

1. PhoneStud

PhoneStud Guest

A home-made stand or ... ?

If you got any photos , share please ...

(Are you a tidy person , having spare plastic dvd covers to change damaged ones or you don't care , Are you grouping the series together , Are you grouping the dvds with having the same sized plastic covers together or ... )

2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Well I don't have a photo, but my 330+ DVDs are all kept in my very large livingroom entertainment center.

3. KillSwitch

KillSwitch Guest

I have a cupboard thingy, with a lock. I have em all arranged by type (zombies, slasher, argento, etc...)

Nick

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I use three wooden shelves plus the top of my desk to store mine. The top shelf is Euro Horror, the second shelf is American Horror, and the third shelf is Non-Horror flicks. The computer shelf has all of my box sets, special editions (like in a different case...like THE WICKER MAN, REPO MAN, BAD TASTE, etc.), and my crapper snappers. I'm weird with grouping. For Euro, I have the AB Argento discs in order, then the Fulci AB disc in order, then the rest of the miscellaneous Euro releases (from AB). Then I have Shriek Show, VCI, and the rest. I have the original defective OPERA disc in a CD case, so as to remember that whole fiasco. I'm weird, I know. For American, I just go by companies, in the order that I have the most. Like I have 14 from AB, so they go first. Then my 9 MGM's, etc. The non-horror is just in alphabetical order by company as well. The "special" rack is more or less in alphabetical order, but not really. The box sets are on either end, as are the larger boxes. I know this is pointless crap, but you did ask...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2003
  5. mafianinja

mafianinja Guest

mine

alphabetical...which kills me sometimes...like Army Of Darkness not being with the other 2 dead films bugs me etc... but I keep my 350+ in a walk in closet along with 1200+ cd's and a few books. I used those shelves that you can re-size with the rails you attach to the wall and lined the walls of the closet. It's not a big closet 1 person is perfect 2 people is ok but the max. You basiclly have DVD's on 1 wall CD's on the other and books on the other. There is a "short" wall on the same wall as the door way that holds the some VHS tapes too. oh yeah...and I removed the door to the closet so it is more like "part of the room". It's the closet it my Home Office room. email me and I can take some pics if anyone is interested.

6. John

John Guest

I have two custom made DVD holders. Each holds about 400 discs and I have my boxsets on the top of the holders right now. It is nice since it hides my DVD's, keeping my curious daughters hands from meddling (for now).

7. PhoneStud

PhoneStud Guest

AndrewBBD , nice setup ... the posters looks cool ...

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I have them all on this wooden thingy, if I can get a picture I'll be sure to post it. I have them seperated into two categories. Horror and Non-Horror. Then there are various VHS tapes scattered throughout the shelves too. Oh yeah, great set up AndrewBBD, I got that same Halloween poster and those Jason and Michael big head things.

9. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

[​IMG]

this is only about half of the rack, which is now full, I should of stepped back a little......anyway I organize by name.

10. RNunez187

RNunez187 Member

I have mine listed alphabetically, they just seem easier to find that way.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2003
  11. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I got all mine in about 4 long thin black shelves, i put them in alphabetically, but it's weird to have a certain movies not next to their sequels:(

edit: my shelves look like RNunez187's shelves but they are just a little smaller(i think, in the pic they look really long but maybe there the same as mine, i dunno):)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2003
  12. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I have giant bookcases built into my computer room, so I keep mine there. They are alphabetical, with my tv series being seperate from my movies.

13. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

Alphabetical, regardless of genre, with the only movies separated from their sequels being the Evil Dead Trilogy.

This was before quite a few additions to the collection. The racks are black plastic, stackable things from FYE.

14. puddytay

puddytay Guest

I got the 3 bookcases at office max for 60 bucks. Almost got them all full to. Each holds 400 dvds.

15. shift

shift Hot as shit!

I have mine on a dvd rack.Look to the right and you kinda see it. Oh the TV is no longer there.
    Have somethng better now :D

[​IMG]

I'll get better pics up soon .

Last edited: Feb 23, 2003
  16. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

I have two cases, and I put my SE in different parts of my room.

17. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

[​IMG]
    Seriously running out of room. :mad: And that pic is missing my most recent order (they dont get shelved until watched, I keep a "To-Watch" pile) and my mother has my 24 boxset and my sis has a couple of Halloweens.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2003
  18. Sam

Sam Member

Where did you get these shelves? That's the kind I would need.

19. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

The one on the right is an antique and I have a smaller one with the videogames in it but I cant find anymore. The one on the left was from Boscovs about $60 IIRC. I look everytime I pass an antique place for another black metal wire one but I think Im just gonna give up and go back to Boscovs.

20. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Here is an older pic of mine. Since this was taken the shelves have filled up and there is a Twilight Zone Kanamit figure on top of the shelves with Ash and Leatherface.

[​IMG]

I also sort mine alphabetically and it gets hard sometimes with everyone just putting them back wherever there is an empty space:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2003