Where Do You Keep Your DVDs In ?

Discussion in 'General' started by PhoneStud, Feb 22, 2003.

1. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

By subgenre and some by director. Kinda wacky but all the slashers are together, serial killer flicks, series/sequels, ect. Then the Criterions, Steven King movies, Lynch, Cronenberg...

I know where everything is. :D

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Close the blinds on the windows :)

3. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Well, theives can come in many shapes and sizes(plumbers, cable guys,etc). I don't want a bunch of strangers roaming around the house to be able to see them.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

You can't be scared all your life. Just live for the moment :D

5. Tawny

I wouldn't say I'm scared. I wouldn't leave my jewelry laying around the house for everyone to see. I see my dvds as valuable, so I treat them similar.

6. betterdan

betterdan Guest

But your car is valuable and you leave it outside when you park somewhere. Ok now I'm just being a smartass.

7. Tawny

I drive a 1991 Geo Prism. The stereo system I have in my car is worth more than the car. Do you get what I am saying. I don't like to draw attention to stuff that is valuable. I doubt someone would be scoping out a piece of shit like mine expecting to find something to jack. Sure, it has happened once, but that was my fault, I left the window open. Things like that happening have made me more cautious. And its not like I expect a cable dude to outright gank one of my dvds off of the rack. Its more like this: maybe he's a shady character, maybe later that weekend when him and his buddies are thinking about a place to rob, the cable dude remembers seeing all of my shit, and they decide its an easy target. they scope out the house, and when we leave, they move in. I may sound crazy to you, but I have heard of shit like that happening to good people. On a different note, having the dvds concealed also prevents my kids from reaching up there and grabbing one of my $40 OOP movies with their peanut butter covered fingers and says "Hey Mom, lets watch this"!!! Also, it keeps the dvds alot less dustier. And one more thing. I am not Knocking everybody's big ass collections, hell five to ten years ago I would have been the same way, really proud of my movies, and ready to show them off. But I guess I am just getting old, and have different things in mind. :)

8. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I know what you're saying. Look at the last part of my previous post, I'm just being a smartass. :) just giving you a hard time.
    Actually my girlfriend left her rings in the kitchen like she always does when she cooks. Her brother and his friend came over and the next thing you know the jewelry is gone. If her brother did it he's a fucking asshole but I can't prove if him or his friend did it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2004
  9. Tawny

But you see my point right?

10. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Yes I do see your point.
    By the way that damn avatar cracks me the hell up :lol:

11. Tawny

Why thank you very much :D

12. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

thats exactly it. your 'friends' will steal from you. when your house gets burglarized it's always someone you know or they know someone you know. i don't leave the house. then i'm always here. :paranoid smiley

also i'd beat her brothers ass just to be sure. :D

Last edited: Feb 21, 2004
  13. venomjuice9

venomjuice9 Member

Sup ye all, here's where I store my DVD's, by the way these racks used to be full, but I had to sell my dvd's to get a new car :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  14. puddytay

puddytay Guest

I recently put all my movies in dvd books according to genre and alphabetical order. It took me 2 full days to do it. Now they are lined up 7 giant cd books. I kinda wish I hadnt done it but I'm not putting them back in the cases it was allready to much of a pain to take them out.

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Here's a picture. I've got mine in the most simplest arrangement I can. Non-horror to the left, and horror to the right. From there they are in company order from greatest quantity to smallest, and in those little sub-categories they are in Alphabetical order/

[​IMG]

16. venomjuice9

venomjuice9 Member

Here's a couple of pics of my posters :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  17. :) Great posters man...

18. Jason Reynolds

Jason Reynolds New Member

I bought 10 of the 4 shelf bookcases at Walmart, assembled 7 of them and used the other 3 for extra shelves. I then bolted them all together so I have 1 long bookcase holding almost 2000 DVDs. Almost out of room though, so I'm getting ready to add another bookcase.

-Jason

19. Luna

Luna Guest

Cool pics. Empty DVD racks would drive me nuts, but not being able to get around would probably suck lots more. :lol:

20. puddytay

puddytay Guest

heres some pics of my room

Attached Files: