Where Do You Keep Your DVDs In ?

Discussion in 'General' started by PhoneStud, Feb 22, 2003.

1. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I keep most of my DVDs in plastic organizers that hold 30 each, and I have 6 of them. I purchased them at Best Buy about 5 or 6 years ago. They are no longer made. Then I also have metal organizers, about 3 right now, and another 2 still in the box, which holds another 28 each. I also have 2 DVD binders, which right now, I do not have DVDs in. And a media storage cabinet, which I don't have set up yet, but I will be putting my TV Shows, Box Sets, and Limited Edition DVDs in the cabinet.

2. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

I just keep them in a rack i need to buy about two more though its getting very full

3. Sam

Sam Member

Yeah yeah, thread resurrection. :p

How's everyone's collection looking now compared to when this thread originated? I've probably doubled my dvd volume since 2003 (from 300 to 600) with several sold or traded here and there. I've been trying to find more b&m deals lately as opposed to the eBay, Amazon, and DDD I originally did for the majority of my buying.

The main reason I bumped this is to see pics of more people's shelving since I'm really in need of ideas. :D And it's fun checking fellow HorrorDVDers cribs out. So, pimp out your updated spaces and I'll try do the same this weekend.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Well I've been shoved into one room as of late, so my collection is relegated to one huge cabinet and around my entertainment center. It's pretty disorganized as well. I think I'm just going to wait until I have a place of my own to get more shelves and hang all my posters back up.

5. Dave

Dave Pimp

Resurrection, baby! Just cleared a shelf for my HD-DVDs. My buying spree is over. I got tons of deals as they are practically giving them away, but it's time to go back to my rule of 'I have to watch it more than once a year to justify ownership'.

Attached Files:

6. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

A couple of cheapie Sauders.

Attached Files:

7. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

That's what I got too, a couple of those cheapie Sauders...for now. Get's the job done though. What I did was mount them about a foot of the floor with molly bolts so that the top shelf is at eye level. Adds a touch of class to the preceedings...great collections everyone!

8. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

I use my attic really. It has an AC up there to keep them okay in the summer and the walls are finished. Honestly, it's starting to look like an old mom and pop store up there.

9. These days, I keep my dvds wherever I can find room!

10. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I have a closet in my man cave (basement) that has two doors that swing open to a little area I like to call "the vault". It has muliple shelves that hold CD's in binders, DAT tapes in beer flats, VHS tapes not yet on DVD are stacked in alphabetical order, DVD's are stacked in alphabetical order and backups are in their own individual clear slim jewel cases stacked with homemade hand written labels on the spine. When people look in here there's either an expression of excitement or confusion :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  11. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Not a great pic plus its a bit out of focus and it only shows half of my DVD collection. Those are four IKEA Billy shelves (only three in the picture visible) about 7' tall with eight rows. I have three more shelves on the other side of my room.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  12. Stige

Stige Active Member

made my own, have no ide how to upload pictures here

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  13. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Mine are on several different shelves around my bedroom

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I'll take some new pics soon, but my shelves are starting to overflow. I seriously need to move out and get my own place because I'm simply running out of room for my stuff.

15. dmeister

dmeister New Member

Do you have a model number for those shelves? And do you know approximately how many movies they hold?

16. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I got these Billy Bookcases each with one of these Height extension units and two Extra shelves. All together they hold about approximately 455 DVDs. Without height extension and extra shelves: 250 discs.

17. dmeister

dmeister New Member

Thanks!

18. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

Haha, Hellbilly bookcases...

19. dmeister

dmeister New Member

Does anyone have some good suggestions for mass DVD storage (2,000+)? I built some DVD tower cases (using white laminated shelf boards from Home Depot) that hold about 500+ a piece, but I've run out of room. Rather than building another case, I'd like to look at some other options...

20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I simply build my own out of wood to custom specifications for DVD's, CD's, and now Blu-rays. Shop class in Junior High had its benefits, and my father was always building stuff out of wood. I remember we built my first computer desk together for my Apple IIc back in '85/'86.

I'd take some pics of the shelves; but my old digital camera isn't working, so it'll have to wait until I get around to buying a new one.