Where have all the Friday's gone?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by ThePainkiller, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I was going to order Friday the 13th A New Beginning off Amazon.com today, and its been discontinued...as have parts 4-8. Anyone heard any news on this? Could we be expecting new deluxe editions of the films? Im a bit shocked.

2. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

yes, they are being re-released. If you can't wait though, you can get them off of Amazon Marketplace cheap or get the box set.

3. No worries, Painkiller, as there is a new boxset in the works. You can get the up coming (supposed by Winter/Christmas time this year here in North America) Deluxe Edition boxset, or simply get the Deluxe Edition's that you want via Amazon.

I'm waiting to get the boxset form a cheaper, 3rd party seller on Amazon as I use that to primarily get all of my DVDs. Hope that helps, and good luck!

(By the way, incase you can't wait for the re-mastered audio soundtracks and HD-re-mastered transfers on the new ones, though I hear Part 3 look's no better sadly, then simply do searches for them and click on them, and then look at the cheap prices fro 3rd party sellers as I always do. I see of no reason why they shouldn't be able to be bought on there.)

4. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

im holding out for all of the upcoming deluxe editions and wating for the new box set to come out at the end of the year

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  5. Same here, vampyr, as I'm simply waiting for the Deluxe Editon Boxset to be finished to order it. I won't be picking them up individually, as that would be a waste of money on my part. Gotta agree there,

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

It's OOP? Painkiller, trust me, that's a good sign.

~Matt

7. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

All the individual DVD's are not that hard to find. The only thing that irks me is paying more then $4 for them. Those DVD's are still overpriced at allot of places. Especially the old box set which is still like $45 to $55.

8. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

My 04 box will hold me over till then (plus there will probably be extras missing in the new box set that this one has). I did splurge and buy part 1 uncut on dvd though.

9. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Yeah good call you should hold onto it. Allot of those extras will not be transferred over onto the new versions.

10. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Well honestly, I'm willing to bet they probably will. Sure Paramount didn't port them over to the other DVDs, but the blu-ray boxset that's coming? So far with all of the titles Paramount's released on blu-ray, they've ported everything over (aside from a few pointless photo galleries) that was on their DVD counterparts. I have a lot of faith in this boxset. Paramount just recently announced a blu-ray set of the Star Trek movies, and they've ported all the features from the DVD over to blu-ray.

~Matt

11. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Will only re-buy in blu-ray.

12. vampyr789

its also being releasd on DVD too...right :confused:

13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I dunno. If not, just wait it out. Everyone's gonna eventually go blu-ray. Blu-ray player prices are dropping, more and more titles are being released on blu. It's certainly catching on.

~Matt

14. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

I still find allot of the BR titles to be very expensive & over priced. I don't want to have to shell out $30 for a movie all the time. :mad:

15. I agree. Cashamount had also better release a standard definition boxset as well, dammit.:mad:

Ah welll, if not, I'll simply get the individual Deluxe Edition releases with the holographic covers as a collector/completeist that I am off Amazon ...

16. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yes, there are some titles that are way over priced, but prices definitely are dropping. And a lot of the newer releases are only a couple dollars difference then the DVD versions. Then again, you still cannot find $6 Blu Rays brand new, but they have gotten down to $15 and $20, which is a good start!

17. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

You might find the original Paramount releases at WalMart for about $5 a piece or you can get the same discs used on EBay in a lot of 5 or so and spend about $10 a piece. Do these sellers really think they're giving someone a deal?

18. vampyr789

thank you Vlachio, that is exactly what i think. I havent upgraded to Blu-Ray for the sole purpose of how much it would cost. we would have to buy a new TV, new stereo system, the bluray player, then buy the discs. that is a lot of money that could be sent elsewhere.

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

You don't need a new stereo system. I use the same surround sound set up I had from back in my Standard Def days. Works just fine and dandy. Paramount has been pretty good with their catalog titles on Blu. The first Friday blu-ray is 19.95 on Amazon, so I'd expect a similar price for these, maybe even a cheaper price per disc in terms of the box set, which ain't bad at all. Hell, prices could drop even more by the time this set comes out. The LCD I bought last April was $2699.99 (but I got it price-matched down to $2099.99), now it's going for $1899.99. Prices for HDTV's, blu-ray players, etc. have been dropping steadily and substantially each year, so even if you aren't going to go blu now, I'd still suggest holding off.

20. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

I actially already got the re-released Friday the 13th films and apart from I& II the only thing thats changed with IV-VIII is the DVD cover art....they all have white covers with red tinted pictures....other than that nothing has changed....

I got them about three weeks ago